The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Isn’t CDM Thurams main position?

NEW: Bayern will allow Benjamin Pavard to LEAVE the club immediately if they receive a €30m bid, according to BILD.

Bring him home.

Box-to-box but seems to have a more attacking mindset

1 Like

No.

1 Like

I would think he would suit what we were doing with regards Trents position a lot more than Konate does,allowing us better transition from a 433 to a 343 and back again.

I’ve always said it’s Hendo’s best position nowadays only massive issue would be he can’t play twice a week fine if Bajectic is there but an issue if we were to have injuries.

Ultimately depends if we sell anyone.

I’d thought as much, Pavard has far more experience than Ibou at both playing wingback in a 352 as well as the RCB in the same formation…perhaps a fair argument to say he’s better on the ball as well.

In todays market £25m is very fair for someone established like Pavard, who still has 3-4 seasons to give at top level football.

1 Like

I suspect he’ll go the same way as Gerrard, further and further back. Could probably swap with TAA although don’t know if he’d want to.

I don’t buy the argument that pavard can be used as a RB. He might be good playing the konate role when Trent does transition to midfield during next season. But that doesn’t mean that Klopp will go with a 3 man CB formation to start the games.

If he’s affordable ,adds much needed reliability (in terms of availability to the CB roles) , there’s no doubting the fact that we could use him. Especially seeing how often Matip / Gomez seem to get injured.

Would prefer a left footed CB. Pavard is a good shout to get. Just that we don’t need to get any ideas of him playing as a Rb.

Interesting, finally a bit of news what type of defender we might aim.

A few months ago I thought we would rather aim for a new RCB, but it seems like we might want new backup combinations on the left side of defence.

Could still mean Matip or maybe even Tsimi (even if I’d prefer him to stay) leaving.

Let’s see if that LCB would have the ability to cover as more of an “inside” LB also.

And on the 2 more midfielders thing, that’s still not 100% that it will happen. In that case, someone else would have to leave. Maybe Fabinho or Thiago.

I think Robbo can perform that LCB role.Maybe a traditional left back who allows Robbo to charge from CB to WB transitioning while going forward.

Will make things very complicated but makes a way to catch people off-guard when Robbo does make his runs forward and there’s still a LB with sizable height , pace etc.

The advantage of using Robbo there (apart from what I’ve mentioned above ) is that Robbo has elite level passing skills, pace , tackling as well as shithousery. He does lack a fair bit in physicality while challenging for the ball , but a no frills LB should cover that weakness.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/fjonberg/status/1668221027321630720?s=20

No idea of this fellas record with stuff like this but the Anfield Wrap deemed it worthy of a retweet. Seems to chuck a lot out there and hit on the odd thing but not enough to warrant getting the party poppers out just yet that’s for sure.

7 Likes

Robbo going into a wingback role when we play out from the back… (Just to get the midfield overload)…

And Trent going into midfield at a slightly different transition… (Again both the midfield overload )

And in both cases to switch play around , get the ball recycled forward. Robbo and Trent do have that understanding as it is.

Agent Konate at work.

2 Likes

There’s were suggestions that Lillian Thuram had also advised his son that playing under Klopp would be most beneficial for his game’s development. Same was possibly the case with Mac too, who comes from a hardcore footballing family himself.

7 Likes

My issue with this tweet is - last week we heard Nice weren’t interested in negoiating - now he has told them he wants to play for us they have said OK you can go and we will take less than the £50m we wanted? All seems a bit too easy!

2 Likes

When bullshitters are bullshitting you cannot pull all the information into a single narrative and expect it to be coherent

3 Likes

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

1 Like

Once he’s said that he wants to leave then it’s an entirely different situation.

None of this is new though. Nice have known for most of last year that it was very likely to be his last there. It’s been similar to way Tchouameni’s season at Monaco in 21-22 was viewed. Stories of Nice responding to revelations of clubs being interested, or him having to tell them of his desire to leave are just stories made up to fill pages

1 Like