The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Nice also lost a number of key squad players for free so they will want to extract as much as they could

1 Like

Fun fact. I played golf with Alice Cooper about 25 yrs ago in Scottsdale, Arizona. It was in a charity fundraiser game, and I randomly got paired up with him. Nice fella. Completely different to the stage persona I had in mind. Very good golfer too. I think he was playing off 4, something like that.

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1668289853010726916?s=20

3 Likes

Different people, different guesswork.

Nice aren’t ever likely to come out and say they’re definitely open to selling and put a price on his head. The £50m may be something they’ve leaked out to try and put suitors off or it could just be some bullshit figure someone plucked from the sky.

But, if he tells them he wants to leave and come to us, it would change the negotiation position quite significantly.

Personally im of the opinion that all these people are still in the guesswork phase and hoping something they say transpires to be close to some kind of outcome so they can claim they know what’s going on. The fact there are lots of differing stories suggests nothing has really happened or if it has no one has got wind of it yet.

1 Like

That’s the entire 21st century transfer speculation industry for you.

1 Like

Sort of pre-empted with an earlier response to the tweet with Nice saying they were not interested in a deal.

That tweet did have the caveat that if Thuram asked for a move, they would change their position - which is exactly what the latest tweet has said is happening.

Of course, as @Limiescouse says, both of these tweets could be just made up nonsense.

1 Like

So you’re telling me not everything I read on the internet is true?

sad monty python and the holy grail GIF

3 Likes

Chiesa Veiga Thuram and Pavard = a summer well done & Liverpool back in business.

I’d be happy without Chiesa we have already signed Macallister

2 Likes

IMG_1544

9 Likes

Ha! That’s not Lincoln, that’s Morgan Freeman!

Honestly Thuram would be worth 50m if push comes to shove. If we can get him for 40-45 instead ok that’s a nice bit of savings.

Put that money savings into also buying Veiga.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1668353865064800258

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

1 Like

Mo for Mbappe straight swap.

Make It So Star Trek GIF

4 Likes

BuT WHO wILl PLaY on hTe rIGhT

1 Like

Maybe this guy?

https://twitter.com/DaveOCKOP/status/1668372151836000257?s=20

1 Like

That would be amazing.only happens if Mo moves the other way.

We need at least one CB this summer and one next i think, unless Sepp is able. For the left side, Gvardiol would be a spot on, but massive fee. Van de veen seems decent and fast, whilst N’dicka is available on a free. Levi Colwill is also left footed. Dont expect us to go Gvardiol, but any of one of the latter three seem decent players, particularly if it lets us get the 2 cm we need that look likely to be at least £40m a go.

2 Likes

Most of the reports in Spain say Real are open to offers, which in itself seems like shallow journo maths, ahead of Bellingham’s arrival.

Doubtful, but it’d be nice, wouldn’t it.

1 Like