The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Yeah I think we should be buying a defender mind.

2 Likes

plus a defender of course

5 Likes

Iā€™ve said a few times I donā€™t think we NEED 3 CMs, but Iā€™d be fucking ecstatic with that.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yes, I would be happy with Mac, Veiga and Thuram. Plus the defender you mention.

On a related Veiga note, does anyone think he has the potential to possibly be a replacement for Mo Salah? Not exactly the same sort of player, so letā€™s get that said right away. But he has an eye for goal, has skill to beat a man, and while not as fast as Mo, he is no slouch either.

I might be barking up the wrong tree with the long term plan for Veiga, should we sign him. Either way, heā€™s a good player, and has a great chance to kick on and become very good indeed.

1 Like

Iā€™m still giving you the same ā€œnoā€ that I gave you a couple of days ago :joy:

His dribbling stats are very good, but if you look at what he does itā€™s less about beating players and more about how aggressive he is carrying the ball forward into space from midfield, typically starting in his own half. Itā€™s just not the same skill set as beating defenders 1-1 that you typically need to play in that wide forward role

1 Like

I must have missed your response, apologies. Or if I didnā€™t, perhaps some sort of early onset dementia is setting in, no doubt brought on by the transfer window, and my mind is a jumble of what did I think and what did I write? :crazy_face:

With that said, put me down for Mac, Thuram and Veiga, and I would be very happy indeed. Plus a defender.

1 Like

Weā€™re not getting another four players with the Ā£65m Klopp has left to spend.

2 Likes

Yeah right.

After weā€™ve sold Salah you meanā€¦

Was a typo mate. Should have been Ā£6.5m :smiley:

Kone is a must for me.

1 Like

Four players. One already in the bag.

Arguably if there is 65M remaining, it might be enough to sign two players, Thuram and Veiga. Edit: put Kone in there too, as there have been some noises.Then a defender might be brought in through a few sales.

Just speculative, but for all the huge fees we see for players, there seems to be a group of players in the 30-40M bracket that we are in for, and if we make a few more moves and things go well, they could quickly look like 80M+ players.

Only if they cost so much that it propels us onto the perch that is the net spend table.

1 Like

:grinning: :grin:

Who says there is Ā£65m left?

Have we been reading Twitter again?

2 Likes

Prefer the link to Inacio than Van de Ven, who appears to be rated solely based on the fact heā€™s tall and ran fast in one clip.

Inacio is a really good footballer from the little Iā€™ve seen, would really suit that role Robbo is playing.

3 Likes

YouTube and stat scouting makes me agree with this 100%. Inacio looks a much more developed player.

I know someone get annoyed by it but I cannot get past the aerial win % when looking at a CB. It simply has to be better than what van der Ven does.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure the club has done more scouting than that one clip.

2 Likes

At least with Liverpool I can be confident that they have. If we were Man Utd I wouldnā€™t be so sure.

I think Man Utd and Chelsea just go off what the papers tell them.