The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

bUt wEve oNly goT 65m leFT!!!

1 Like

Real could have a very clear, practically perfect 22-players situation if they do bring another striker along with Joselu.

GK: Courtois, Lunin
CB: Militao, Alaba, Rudiger, Nacho
RB: Carvajal, Vazquez
LB: Mendy, Garcia
CM: Modric, Kroos, Bellingham, Tchouameni, Camavinga, Ceballos
WF: Vinicius, Valverde, Rodrygo, Diaz
CF: Mbappe, Joselu

Whether Mbappe in this summer means they would have to sacrifice an important player, I don’t know. Maybe they’re able to do it in their calculation.

It’s still a long way to imagine us being able to bring someone like Tchouameni or Valverde this summer.

In the first case, there was “talk” of a loan (possibly with an option), in the second Real would still ask serious money, if they had to sacrifice. And in both cases, who knows we would be able to land. You’d give us more chances for Tchouameni (having been close last summer, so presumably there were already talks with us) than for Valverde.

1 Like

One thing should be absolutely clear, with the due diligence we do on our transfer targets, the small amount of data that can be gathered at a tournament like this is not likely to factor into our decision making.

3 Likes

I’d be happy with another 2-3 players that fit a similar profile to Mac Allister. The squad would be a little smaller, younger, fitter and better balanced if we get those signings right, and it wouldn’t cost the earth.

I see that as more likely than not to happen, so plenty of reasons for some cautious optimism right now.

6 Likes

One of the oddities of the market is you get some summers where there arent that many players available so everyone seems forced to go after the same small group of available players. Some summers though there are attractive, available players are everywhere. This is definitely the latter and so Im pretty sanguine about the whole thing. There are a LOT of really good players on the market and we seem to be elbows deep in it doing the work necessary to bring in a few really attractive and smart additions.

2 Likes

There’s a good chance players aren’t wanting to be thinking or doing anything with regards to a move during a tournament either.

And if you’re an agent then maybe you’re hoping a good tournament from your client opens a few more opportunities or gives you the chance to make a bit more cash.

And I doubt the national teams allow agents or clubs to be coming into camp mid tournament anyway.

I think there’s probably a few things going on, the U21s being one thing and also waiting for the market to get moving a bit first.

Given all the chatter I’d be very surprised if we don’t end up with at least one, if not two players who are involved in the U21 Euros though.

2 Likes

True, but the downside of this is that there are a lot of good players we are not going to get as a result, and that will mean lots of bed wetting opportunities amongst LFC Twitter.

1 Like

The downtime during these tournament is extensive. The players have little else to do but think about these things. Often egged on by their team mates about possible big opportunities. They’ll have hours and hours every day during which they can glued to their phone taking calls from whomever they need to.

2 Likes

Also, as a club you probably don’t want to be putting down tens of millions on a player still actively involved in tournament football. We could theoretically sign Thuram now, and he could then do his ACL in the final.

Surely better to wait a couple of weeks.

1 Like

And their agents do all the work for them, while they’re playing on their game consoles. All the player has to do is sign the contract, that’s if they can write of course. Plenty of deals have been during tournaments in the past.

2 Likes

The solution is to not frequent twitter.

Last name swift…stick her on the left or right wing, sure some players might put in challenges but she’s likely to shake it off and keep going.

Don’t put your body on the line for FSG, it’s not worth it! :joy:

It seems that for some fans, YNWA applies to everyone associated with the club but when it comes to our owners, they can jolly well walk alone.

3 Likes

I feel the panic should only set in around the last days of August 2023 (29th to 31st) if Alexis Macallister is the only signing.

If there is no additional signings, I would think there might be some rude awakening for some fans here.

Would you accept that even if it was only the one signing and we went on to win the league that would be a rude awakening for yourself?

1 Like

And if that doesn’t happen then will you stop with all the doomongering?

3 Likes

If we resigned Charlie Adam there would be a similar response. Good thing neither is likely to happen.

It’s childish to panic already.

Think we can challenge for the title with another quality CM like Alex Mac.

But personally I expect a total of 5 or 6 players including some in the Kostas, Ramsay, Carvalho price range.

Nothing to worry about atm.
Lots of work being done before the end of the season.

Guess Klopp is on holiday right now and he probably has two or three zoom calls throughout the days.

1 Like

“Leading the race”, get in!!