The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

If you look at those combined stats of our recently departed players, Milner probably made up most of those minutes. So essentially the return of Jones and the emergence of Bajetic puts us back in front. Add 1 more in Mac and we’re way in front. It’s fine having numbers if they actually play, it’s a drain if they don’t , as they still get paid handsomely.

3 Likes

Klopp said before the summer he wanted the deals done at the earliest opportunity but understood that’s not always possible.

It was the secondary part that caught my eye as he had never really expressed that before.

2 Likes

Isn’t he a bit injury prone?

1 Like

Injury-prone and really, really good. Textbook Liverpool player.

2 Likes

I’m putting a tenner on Pearce to shut this down in a week.

1 Like
4 Likes

I know this is bollocks, but would be a game-changing signing! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yes he’s regressed since his ACL, not worth the gamble.

2 Likes

Didn’t know Federico Valverde will be only 25 this July.

1 Like

This post should be pinned on the FSG thread :clap:

3 Likes

Because it represents only a small subset of moves where everything is in place solidly enough that once and agreement is reached between the clubs it can be got over the line with a couple of hours of physical meetings.

Frustratingly I dont remember enough specific examples of this happening so my argument that “oh, deals like this totally can and do happen” is not great. But I just know they do. Tonali is obviously a current illustration of that. One I do remember is doing like this was Diouf who signed in the period between his first and second game in 2002, but I only remember that because it argues against the common idea that we bought him because of his world cup performances.

So I guess my point is that if we are not moving forward with any specific deal it is far less likely to be a case of just waiting for the tournament to end than it is because issues are still in flux. Are our priorities clear? Are we having difficulty with the selling club? Is the player hedging his bets and waiting for other offers?

2 Likes
1 Like

Yeah, we’re spending £100m+ on a striker this summer :expressionless:

4 Likes

Maybe we’re discussing the possibly of a swap deal with Mo?

Or knowing FSG, seeing if we can get him on a loan deal. :man_shrugging:

What a load of crap.

Chiesa, Osimhen, Lozano.

Yeah, we’re buying about 5 forwards this summer.

:joy:

3 Likes

Swap deal with Nunez would be better :wink:

Why would we contemplate a deal involving our future ballon d’or winning striker?

Nunez is here to stay…for a very long time.

2 Likes

Yes, with the huge amount of loan players we’ve had in the last 13 years, this would be just typical of FSG.

1 Like

Tom Davies on a free transfer. It’s a no brainer! :joy_cat:

Good old street football days. Losing got this as punishment.