The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I’m sure our recruitment team use more than just FBref stats.

Or, at least, I hope so.

2 Likes

The market for defensive midfielders seems to be completely out of whack, some very average players being touted to join us for big money. I’ve never been less inspired by ‘highlights’ videos. Chelsea and Arsenal have really set the tone in the last 6 months and now everyone thinks a player who is half decent is worth a kings ransom.

3 Likes

Can a defensive midfielder have inspiring highlights? All other positions, I can imagine a nice eye catching youtube compilation but - defensive-mid… dunno if its possible.

p.s. mind you I don’t visit youtube often at all and don’t want to be proven wrong…

1 Like

I thought Lavia looked impressive in his YouTube compilation :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

Lazar Markovic did too.

1 Like

In fairness most players can but Lavia is definitely a talent.

In saying that though, Fab could certainly light up a highlights package.

I think that’s absolutely something we will be looking for from our midfielders, but I am very much adamant that we won’t use a traditional 6.

2 Likes

They do, but I can’t.

Perhaps, not sure it would it would a deal breaker though, Thiago, for example doesn’t have eye catching volumes in this area.
When you say we won’t use a traditional 6 what type do you think we are looking at?

1 Like

Doesn’t have to be eye catching, just servicable. Thiago’s numbers were much better in previous seasons. Its nice to know that they can progress the ball in attacking areas, even if they don’t have to do it all the time.

As for type I just posted this in the Who Would Buy thread, I’ll link it so as not to spam the same message Who would you buy? - #7284 by Sweeting

1 Like

https://twitter.com/benbocsak/status/1680500667251605504?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

1 Like

AFCON, did you say?

4 Likes

Bajectic will get a month of games then :wink:

2 Likes

His name is like a compilation of average past African PL players…

6 Likes

The limited I’ve seen of Andre, the Fluminese player linked yesterday, he looks a much better fit. Tenacious at trying to win the ball and similar to Lavia very quick to spot something productive to do with it once he’s won it. One of the biggest things you see in his various videos though is how surprisingly nimble his feet are and how clever on the ball he is for a “ball winner”.

I’ve no idea what his level is but if this link is real and we bring him in then I’d be very excited about that based on this limited view of what he can do

6 Likes

It just so happens that it’s Trindade’s birthday today. Let’s make his day complete and offer him a contract. I’m sure he’d rather be part of LFC than some yo-yo club in west London - Fulham are interested in him. Ah, I see Arsenal are interested in him too. And various others including Barca and Atleti, apparently.

1 Like

Will we get the work permit for him ?

1 Like

If we sign him, I’ll open a book on which pundit calls him Trinidad first.

Danny Murphy will be the odds-on favourite.

2 Likes

Didnt that get changed to make it fairly easy to obtain? Something about being able to employ a certain number of players (5?) who otherwise dont meet the criteria?

3 Likes