The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

You’ve all misunderstood. 50m is what they have offered Diaz - they want us to give him on a free though and are surprised by our stance.

3 Likes

I assume it will be Salah next.

Evidently out their to make headlines and those journalists who generally wouldn’t know their arse from their elbow are fed this and regurgitate it like little yes boys.

Of course when the PL has been royally fucked this lot will wonder out loud how it happened?

I suspect the transfer business is waiting on the sales of Fabinho, Nat Phillips, Kelleher, Henderson, etc. before we kick on and get some more buys in.

So while we’re waiting in this downtime let’s rehash a couple of slightly older rumors for potential #6 players.

First up is Ibrahim Sangare. we were last linked on April 4th. Source: https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-liverpool-keen-on-ibrahim-sangare-as-45m-price-revealed/

The 25 year old 6’3 Ivory Coast native has played over 2000 minutes per season for Eredivise side PSV over the past 3 seasons. Obviously he offers us the experience and the physicality to play #6. The rumored price tag is around 45m.

Next up is Edson Alvarez. The 6’1 25 year old Mexican midfielder plies his trade for Eredivise side Ajax who have won the league title 2 out of the last 3 seasons. He was last linked with Liverpool and Chelsea on April 14th: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/04/14/liverpool-transfer-news-ben-jacobs-makes-edson-alvarez-claim-amid-chelsea-links/
He offers a bit more in passing and bringing the ball forward than Sangare so might be a better fit as a more rounded midfielder for Liverpool. His aerial wins and clearances are also elite in the 99th percentile.

Update: West Ham appears interested in buying Alvarez for 35m to replace the departing Declan Rice so if Liverpool want him, we’d want to put in a bid soon. Source: https://www.footballfancast.com/west-ham-premier-league-edson-alvarez-transfer-news-rumours-updates/

1 Like

Only if the question is “which Liverpool players salary is consistently overstated based on a guess made by the website Spotrac?”

2 Likes

I like Edson but if there’s one thing he isn’t it is “rounded”.

Joyce saying the Saudis want Diaz

They can fuck right off

7 Likes

Mail linking us with Joshua Kimmich.

1 Like

I heard they are now asking FSG to quote them a wholesale price for the entire squad including the coaching staff and the tea lady. Faster that way.

1 Like

4 Likes

There’s no way we would sell Diaz… unless the sum of money is ridiculous, like 150M or something. The Saudis are making a splash and testing the water, it seems.

Leaving aside the human rights issues (and it seems wrong to say it like that) but the problem with dealing with someone with unlimited funds is that its all well and good when they are giving you good money for a player you don’t really want, but then what if it’s a player you really want to keep?

Diaz grew up malnourished, and in poverty. The Saudis will know what buttons to press to turn his head. My hope is that at his age and stage of career he gives priority to sporting objective, while also making fantastic money. Then towards the end of his career, if he wants to make obscene money and ride the Saudi train, that could be an option then?

It will be interesting to see how many prime age players the Saudis are able to attract. My hope is that top players still want to win top prizes while earning great money, rather than earning even better money but in a footballing backwater.

1 Like

I can’t be bothered to check, but i assume that players from all clubs that are clearly not for sale are being linked to Saudi football clubs, and its not just our players.

Floating Supermarket Sweep GIF by ABC Network

Give them an amended Braveheart speech. Muhammed bin Salman and the Al Saud family must personally go to each family in Saudi Arabia and beg forgiveness for the rape, pillage and murder of the country. Oh, and the victims of terrorism sponsored by the Saudi Arabian government worldwide.

Then you must resign your position, live penniless for the rest of your days.

Then, and only then, will we even consider responding to your offer for Diaz.

2 Likes

Breaking news, Saudis are offering to buy our whole starting 11

He has made it clear that he would like to play in Spain one day.

He isn’t going anywhere not for the money they are offering. His best chance of a move to the big 2 in Spain is playing here.

That’s why for about at least 2-3 seasons all you will see is middle of the road players who have been wooed and the latter career types.

No one is going there to attract a move to Spain are they.

1 Like

The easiest way to stop this is for individual FA to not allow people moving to Saudi Arabia to be selected for the national team citing uncompetitive.

If they could do that, they might jolly well dictate firstly that no clubs can do any business with SA clubs. That would be a start.

Or they could just take out MBS and his towels.

No, I would not be selling Diaz either at any price. However I’m sure I read yesterday somewhere that Al Hilal are on a transfer embargo anyway.

Or…

We could all just accept that football is fucked, money rules and greed trumps human rights every time.

Apologies folks,
I am locked in a melancholia that is usually lifted by the start of a new season…
Not this time.
Football has changed further this summer.
The unfettered rise of Newcastle, due to the inactivity on the crimes of Man City.

5 Likes