The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Is this a deliberate attempt by the Saudis to dismantle and unsettle the Liverpool squad as we’re a rival to Newcastle?

3 Likes

I prefer to think it’s because we have some high quality aging players who are probably running their contracts down. And as we have been recently allowing that to happen with several players it’s probably why they jumped.

This whole ordeal has perfectly demonstrated to the world that absolutely no-one is immune to being turned by Saudi money. Henderson, who has taken many stands against injustices and probably has the best moral compass of any footballer, was willing to take a truckload of money from a club and country that directly conflicts with his morals.

We as supporters are as guilty, happy to accept the £40m for Fab. And unlike us supporting Saudi Arabia through buying their oil - which is a bit of a grey area because its not really possible to know where your oil is coming from while standing at the bowser - that £40m is direct Saudi money.

It’s almost impossible for anyone to take a moral high ground here though. Would I reject out of principle us purchasing a player from City or Newcastle or PSG? What about from Arsenal or Real because their shirt sponsors are Emirates? Probably wouldn’t.

Filthy Money and Football are synonymous.

Maybe they are flexing their financial muscle to our American owners, prior to an incoming bid for LFC itself… !!

Tbh been thinking this for a while , that they may be preparing to buy a stake in FSG itself. Similar to how Chelsea is owned .

1 Like

If it was they wouldn’t be starting with Henderson and Fabinho.

1 Like

I don’t think so.

I think Gerrard is probably the driving force behind the move for Henderson. Get in an English speaking leader type to help him imprint his style on a new squad. He’ll know Henderson’s time at the top is coming to an end and there’s a chance he can be tempted to come and join him.

Fabinho is a Jorge Mendes client and we all know Jorge likes to move his clients around. When new monied clubs/leagues emerge he’ll be first there hawking his players and negotiating his cut. He’s already got Ronaldo, Neves and the other Jota moves out there and no doubt there will be more he’s trying to encourage to take the Saudi money too.

The Diaz one I just don’t believe because of the source it’s come from and the fact the fee being mooted was laughable. Unless they doubled that I doubt Liverpool would even bother wasting the fax paper to send a reply telling them to piss off. But again, it’s almost certainly bullshit.

5 Likes

Not sure anyone uses a fax these days.

Missed a trick with Milner.

1 Like

We’ll, now it’s Diaz

Doucoure of CP looks lively in the holding role. A no-nonsense destroyer with a good passing range. Exactly what we need imo and cheaper than some we’ve been tipped to sign.

Al-hihal…if I direct you to a greedy little boy, who plays for the shitty…offer him the money…he’ll be there like a shot…

my mate supports palace and says hes good - but not good enough for us

I work in Germany. Trust me. People still use fax machines.

1 Like

Trust me it wouldn’t even cross his mind hence why they and Gerrard didn’t bother approaching him I wish we had kept him

Nothing particularly new but interesting to see The Athletic reporting it now. However, it’s not Ornstein so it’s clearly not strong enough interest for him to be getting involved in reporting the story just yet.

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1681618990962032640?s=20

Also includes all the usual caveats and additional names thrown in at the end. One new one though is Boubacar Kamara from Villa who I don’t think has been linked or mentioned anywhere before.

1 Like

Forget him so!

1 Like

Wonder if the Diaz interest is a sneaky way for his agent to get him a new contract and a nice pay rise from us?! :thinking:

Im more worried that SA has slready contacted Diaz’s agent about a move to SA and diaz is open to the move,

Would the bid for Diaz if they knew he wasnt interested in going there?

looks at all the names they have been linked to already

Yes, they most certainly would. Or it’s all bull sh*t and media fabrication. Either way, yes.

1 Like