The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Many said same about Mane, Salah, Gini and Robbo.

1 Like

Im led to believe Nat has been offered a salary in the mid 30k by Leeds.

1 Like

Maybe we should ask the Saudis if theyā€™re interested in a CB English gent under 30, about 6ā€™ 3ā€, weight TBDā€¦but can play futbol in cold, rainy and windy conditions. 20 mill sounds fair!

Doucoure is an interesting alternative to Lavia but not for 50m. Come on now! 35m at the most. Teams are raising prices just because they know we need a DM.

not 50 millionā€¦ try 70 million:
Crystal Palace have set a Ā£70m price tag on Cheikh Doucoure following #LFC interest.
@SamiMokbel81_DM

1 Like

Teams are raising prices because the entire Premier League is awash with money and teams no longer need to sell to survive.

5 Likes

I think Doucoure is great. Would be delighted to sign him. Transfer fees are fucked up beyond the meaningless point

4 Likes

i would say adjust our sights and shop in Germany, Netherlands and France and South Americaā€¦no value shopping in the PLā€¦price are an absolute farceā€¦lavia will cost more than what we paid for gakpo, or mac, or diazā€¦

7 Likes

Homegrown

2 Likes

I find it slightly curious that both the Thuram and Kone rumours have gone quiet, at a time when we are almost certainly looking to get someone in. I donā€™t think thereā€™s any value in outright DMā€™s right now, but here are two players that could do a job there and we seemed to be interested in anyway. Going to use the twisted logic of ā€˜no news means itā€™s happeningā€™ to say one of these will be joining us soon!

2 Likes

There was interest but we donā€™t know how strong it was. Club may have used it as a smoke screen to bring in Mac and Szobo. They could very well be still on our go to list if Hendo and Fab leave, or there may be others we now prefer. Will be interesting to see.

1 Like

Rumours of Marco Veratti making small roundsā€¦not sure about him but in the general sense if we are losing plenty of senior leadership and experience in midfield, Hendo, Fabinho, Milnerā€¦signing a young one and an experience option like this is a reasonable idea

1 Like

Quality player, but we donā€™t need him.

2 Likes

Veratti was some player about 5yrs backā€¦ but that was 10,000 ciggies and hundreds of parties agoā€¦!
Its a pass from me

3 Likes

If he wasnā€™t so injury prone he may be worth the punt, on a short term basis to fill the experience gap a lot are crying out for.

I heard Atleti were already making moves to sign him so wouldnā€™t surprise me if there was something in that.

2 Likes

Iā€™m hoping the delay in confirming Fab and Hendo officially is coz we are sorting out a defensive mid and a CB before we announce them

1 Like

I donā€™t see that connection. What would be the point? Everyone knows whatā€™s going to happen anyway. If signing a new player owns a departing playerā€™s headlines, particularly if heā€™s going in these circumstances, then so be it. Itā€™s more likely a case of getting them off the payroll before firming up any interest, but itā€™s far from ideal.

I get the homegrown part for Lavia, but DoucourƩ is homegrown in France, dude is NOT worth 70 million

3 Likes

Re Kalvin Phillips: Liverpool officials have often given the impression they would be reluctant to give Manchester City a speck of dirt off a football boot, let alone several million for one of their cast-offs. -

@_ChrisBascombe

#LFC

this is funnyā€¦i guess we shall see

4 Likes

To the degree we are in control of the timing of deals (and there are some factors out of our control) then we would presumably want certainty I.e. signed paperwork, money in the bank, before making decisive moves on incoming.

Otherwise we run the risk of outgoing deals falling through, and from what weā€™ve seen so far, the Saudi operation isnā€™t the most professional.

I suspect we have deals for a midfielder/s lined up, or all but lined up, just waiting for the trigger to be pulled.

But the sequence is important, or we could be stuck with 10 midfielders, high wages, and no leverage at that point.

1 Like