The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Yup.

Lavia makes sense, there is no value in the Palace player at 70m.

1 Like

I have no inside info or anything but like its been said Thuram and Kone could have been a smokescreen for the Szobo deal or even a bargaining tool to get Southampton to sell us Lavia quicker and cheaper.

Also,if we are bringing in more they could be on hold due to the Saudi deals for Fab and Hendo,plus they’ve both been on U21 national duty for Fance during the summer,so Thuram could still be on holiday and Kone got injured, which could also be a reason for the hold up.

I’d be surprised if one of them doesn’t turn up,unless we buy Lavia and a defender of some sort.

1 Like

We did have contact with Thuram and I won’t be surprised if he’s coming on board now.

But we should be doing better especially now that we’ve the need to get a tailor-made guy.

Spend a bit more , get a guy experienced in the top leagues like Barella and get an understudy like Lavia

3 Likes

Would go with Lavia and Trindade. 60 million for the pair. 40 for Lavia and 20 for Trindade.

2 Likes

I understood the “Lavia as an understudy” concept when it looked like Fabinho would be the 6 next season because you’d hope the young lad would snatch the shirt off him at some point in the season.

However if we’re going out and buying someone who we think is genuinely first team quality and a proper upgrade on Fabinho last year to be a fixture next season and beyond, then surely Bajetic is the understudy no? With Mac Allister, Thiago and Jones ready to do bits a bit deeper if needed.

A new, top draw number 6 and a 19 year old understudy coming in alongside him and we might as well load Bajetic out.

2 Likes

Bajcetic did play well as a CM too. And he started his career as a CB. The jury’s out as to where we want to play him

Yeah, really fair. Played more in the other two roles than as a 6 last season. I think I’m assuming we stick with the 3 box 3 and wonder if that’s a step too far forward for him, the same way it really didn’t suit Henderson who I reckon is a naturally more attacking player than Baj (I know haha).

Might be Bajetic is earmarked to deputise for Trent, putting his previous defensive experience to use in the back line/deep midfield combo role.

1 Like

Also a second string lineup of Bajcetic / Thiago / Jones is potentially a very strong lineup as well.

Even if it’s for the next season alone.

2 Likes

We’ve brought in two players who are fully up to speed. Klopp will know how he wants it to play out but I’m not too bothered if we bring in a 3rd late on, same with a back up CB.

2 Likes

looks like someone stolen John henry’s wallet again…

Anfield chiefs believe Crystal Palace’s £70m valuation of Cheick Doucoure is a fair evaluation for the midfielder in the current market. [bbc]

Of course they do.

For Real What GIF by Catfish MTV

2 Likes

Wonder if there’s been some confusion here.

4 Likes

Fuckin twitter

Insanity if true. Why not just spend a little more and get someone really good like Luis?

1 Like

Crystal palace finds the valuation reasonable and it’s not us. The report was confusing at first read.

2 Likes

I have a suggestion: how about a new thread on this site - ‘Transfer window tedium and how to survive one without losing it completely’.

Just a thought.

You Cant Stop It Now Cillian Murphy GIF

The amount of rubbish coming from these rumours journalists are out of control. We are dished out a brand new name every single day, largely when you read it without any links whatsoever. While I understand it’s their time to shine, it’s just lies and innuendo. I love the words they use, Liverpool target, Liverpool interest genuine, Klopp loves him, terms agreed. Then not one link.

Only go for Joyce , Reddy and then finally Romano (who’s an aggregator from different sources) in that order.

Rest all are shite.

2 Likes

70mil for Cheick Doucoure. I think a fair value for him is half of that. 7mil

2 Likes