The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I assume Gakpo would become a CM for us on this basis I really haven’t the foggiest how he would fit in.

2 Likes

Can a mod explain or whoever flagged my post explain what was wrong with my post? Maybe a reply or dm.

Unless my eyes are deceiving me its the unreliable rumour thread.

Please tell me no actually thinks we’re going to pay a fortune to loan another forward for a year when we’ve gaping issues in midfield and defence and knowing full well he’s going to waltz off to Madrid for nothing come next summer?

Seriously, we need a ludicrous rumours thread opening to discuss things that definitely aren’t happening just to keep this nonsense away from rumours of things that probably won’t happen.

1 Like

It was from a fake Ornstein account.

His verified account is x.com

1 Like

Ah my bad. I really need to be double checking when im posting. Thank you @Prolix

1 Like

I get caught by the fake Joyce ones every year. :person_facepalming:

3 Likes

Mbappe :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:. Yeah right. We cant even get in a 19 year old from soton 5 days after 1st bid rejected as arguing over £5m

3 Likes

Not that I disagree with you at all but you did say we won’t be spending Big before Dom came in.

This thread has become ‘ the Ministry of Silly Rumours’.

1 Like

I briefly thought about writing a post about Mbappe fitting into the team playing a diamond etc maybe but ……. Agree it seems pointless.

It’s more a bit of fun I guess.

I don’t understand psg …I mean a few weeks ago we bid according to a Spanish agent something like £200 million and then some french agent / journalist…said we bid £171 million or something …they won’t take FSG’s money but will loan him to us ?

:joy: Or is someone saying this is all nonsense ?:thinking:

Have to love the transfer window :joy:

1 Like

The Spanish, French creating or that have created those stories as well as the DM are all talking out their arse cracks.

But it will be interesting to see what happens with Mbappe and PSG between now and end of next month and even after that if he remains at PSG. Mbappe really does hold all the power here, it’s hard to imagine him leaving now for what would have to be a world record fee (previously set by Mbappe) yet it’s even harder to see Madrid sign a player like him for nothing by way of a transfer fee. A Saudi move looks to be out the question, so what will Madrid offer him? 100m sign on fee + 80million a year?

2 Likes

3 Likes

This ir really going to peak stupid levels…I’d love him here but a snowball has a lot better chance in hell then we have getting him on loan.

Oh god, it’s not even August yet.

2 Likes

It’s Jörg using it as a smokescreen for discussions elsewhere :joy:

Loaning Mbappe would be utterly ridiculous, distracting, unbalancing and short-termist.

And absolutely fucking amazing. Signs for a year, scores 40, wins the PL and leaves. I’ll have that all day long.

5 Likes

I’d love it to happen too, I don’t think it’s entirely necessary for us to have a good season, but it’s so utterly bonkers and would be great fun to watch for a season.

But I’ll believe it when I see it.

3 Likes

Be even better if he joined on loan and then fell in love with Liverpool that he signs for nothing and we flog him a few years later for £200 plus million to Madrid…screwing both Madrid and PSG in one stroke :grin:

10 Likes

Chelsea under Abramovic in the early days. Changed manager ever other year, signed mercenaries, high throughput, no long term plan nor stability and won, won, won, won and won.