The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

It’s funny how our name is linked with mbappe always.

Mainly in jest, on this forum at least.

1 Like

Meant in twitter.

I know zero chance of the Mbappe loan to happen but he could fulfill his mothers dream with it.

Will get plenty opportunities to win league titles and CL with Real but one with Liverpool would look special in his CV.

1 Like

Are we still looking at Lavia? Things have gone quiet on that front. Is Fabinho deal done?? If not then i guess we are waiting for that one to be sealed and money in our account before proceeding with Lavia deal. Also saw some links on Trindade yesterday - happy in a way :slight_smile: He is a nice CDM with nice passes going by his youtube resume :slight_smile:

Mbappe on loan? Meh. Rather just sign him outright for how much was it again? Doesn’t matter, sorted.

Of all the stupid rumours out there this one takes the cake. What would be the point of a one year rental in a well stocked position when they are more pressing needs in other areas of the pitch. It feels like Cross or whoever started it mistook Liverpool with Utd, because that’s the sort of dumb move that they’d make.

3 Likes

chelsea just sigining players for fun…

They were about £140m up on transfers until a couple days ago and have a new manager. It’s not that surprising to see them doing a lot of business and I suspect there’ll be more to come.

Real question is how much better do any of these make them?

season 7 episode 21 GIF

I’m slightly surprised they still haven’t signed a keeper.

Speaking of surprising and keepers…Arsenal & Raya is 1 I didn’t see coming.

https://twitter.com/TheSecretScout_/status/1685746920029933568

4 Likes

Was a regular in the U18s aged 15. Only actually turned 16 on the 30th of June.

3 Likes

Well that’s the midfield sorted then. On to finding a centre back.

2 Likes

We signed a 16 year there last week.

1 Like

Of course. Business done, roll on the start of the season!

Mmh, detecting a bit of sarcasm with these last few posts of yours Rab….:rofl:

You never struck me as someone who would easily be worked up or frustrated by effectively no news…are you really this bothered by these last few weeks? I’ll hold my hands up, that’s usually my job to do and excessively so at that, the way I see it is we’re 2/3s of the summer through, and we’ve in terms of our current business so far……we’re 2/3s of the way done. Most the trash is the out the door, 2 banging midfielders in the door, a DM to complete the jigsaw to our puzzle……and on that puzzle has a picture of the league title babyyyyyy.

Nah I’m just messing. The Fabinho thing is a little bit frustrating as I think once that concludes we’ll see us move pretty quick but otherwise I’m pretty chilled.

In an ideal world you’d want all the new signings in for the start of pre-season but we don’t live in an ideal world. We’ve got two of the main pieces in and that’s great. I’d have liked one more in by now but the Henderson and Fabinho moves have thrown spanners in the works and it’s understandable we’re on the back foot a bit.

3 Likes

So last year, we bulk up the forwards. This year the midfield and next year, the back line? That the idea?

2 Likes