The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I suppose so, with Van Den Berg claiming he might leave next season, Phillips still on the books, Matip in all probabilities going next year (I should imagine, Trent moving into the middle. I suppose you could be right

Angry Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

3 Likes

ā€œNot my words Carol, the words of Jurgen Norbert Kloppā€

*niche reference in there. Those that know, know.

4 Likes

2 Likes

All Quiet on the Liverpool Front ā€¦

Jƶrg had a nice long weekend, heā€™ll continue reading the Terms and Conditions starting today. Very close.

3 Likes

Heard great things about it, not seen it myself mind.

They were joking when they said the second bid was going in soon.

1 Like

My guess is it got jammed up in the fax machine & Jorgā€™s been trying all week to get a engineer in to sort it. Poor sods been left all by himself.

And a house full of pitbulls

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1685989631425232896?s=20

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve seen us so active on the youth side for a while. Are we usually this busy in signing youngsters?

Yeah this is fairly standard. Last season was Kone-Doherty, Doak, Misciur & Trueman.

It tends to be that we sign 8-10 players from our academy to a scholarship and then add in a few signings to strengthen the group more.

2 Likes

I like the moves for the young players. The midfielder from Leicester, now the cb from West Ham.

Thereā€™s still a heck of a long way to go before they are even close to the first team picture, so itā€™s a gamble, but good scouting can reduce the risk.

The likelihood is most will be sold on to forge a career elsewhere, after not quite making it all the way with us. Some of those sales will be for good fees. After that, some might make it to the first team picture and save us a fortune, even as a squad player. And then there is always the chance one of them has the impact of an Alexander Arnold, or a Bellingham.

Good luck to them.

3 Likes

Wouldnā€™t even mind some of them getting to be the new Gomez even if signed some years earlier than what Gomez was when he signed for us.

1 Like

Chelsea confident of agreeing new Levi Colwill deal in face of Brighton interest | Chelsea | The Guardian

As much as I would love Colwill, if he signs a new contract, at least we can move on and get someone else in fairly quickly.

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1686098768947482624?s=20

Done.

Next.

1 Like

Does Christensen count as homegrown?

99% sure he does. He arrived there as a 16 year old.

As for Colwill, it would be such a Chelsea move to extend him, stop him going back to Brighton and then buy Disasi as well anyway and prefer him over their homegrown player.

2 Likes

Disasi waiting to happen