The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

We’ll do better. Colwill will probably rot in the bench.

Also not as if Pochettino will last more than 2 seasons. Lot can change

Joao Pedro (now of Brighton) had him on toast in their preseason encounter. Not impressed

Plenty more fish in the sea.

Colwill looks to have all the attributes to go on to be a top central defender, and I would have been happy if we signed him. Can’t pretend otherwise. At the same time, he is inexperienced, and he isn’t the only central defender out there.

We will be just fine.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/francoisplateau/status/1686141583542865920?t=7E2Ihvkk-2FBU_qU8f2fxA&s=19

No idea who he is (the journo) and suspect our name being used…but would rather enjoy completing this deal

1 Like

A bloody good defender he is but as you say probably our name being used.

1 Like

We all know there is no way LFC will drop over 80m on one player so rather ignore any related links.

1 Like

Virgil!

Coutinho money.

If we sold Fabinho for 80m then ok… :sweat_smile:

anyone reckon we are trying to hijack the Gvardiol to City deal? I cant see it.

Very unlikely. I can see us signing a younger LCB to learn from Virgil and provide cover, but no chance we sign an £80m defender who plays in the same position as our new skipper…

3 Likes

You said no way would we drop 80m on a defender and we did

Also, @sweeting didn’t think he would be a target for us anyway due to his low heading stats - presumably those stats become a bigger factor if our Fabinho replacement does not offer much in that area either, which I’m not sure Lavia does (haven’t seen his stats, just going by his size which of course doesn’t rule out his being good in the air)

1 Like

Fair enough but let me rephrase it then: LFC are not dropping 80m+ on a single player unless they sell a player for stupid money like with Coutinho.

We could move Virgil to RCB, but nah… we’re not getting Gvardiol.

I do still hope we get another defender in.

Why can’t Gvardiol and Virgil play together?

Those two and Ibou as a back three, with Trent doing his hybrid thing, should work.

3 Likes

They could, but it’s not the (only) reason why we’re not signing Gvardiol.

1 Like

But Joyce did say Klopp would be backed “significantly” this window, so if there is a player he wants, hope they honor that and get the player

I dont think it requires a sale for ‘stupid money’. It does probably depend on what other business is needed and the quality, age profile and wage demands of that player though.

Jürgen Klopp on Jones in the 6:

“He is one of the options definitely. But it’s no secret that we are looking for players to join us. Can he play it when nobody else is defending in the team? No chance. There’s no doubt in possession he can have a massive impact.”

fingers crossed folks…lets see how the week go

Too much inflation has happened on player transfer fees since the Coutinho transfer. A 80m now is probably equivalent to a 50m transfer then. We won’t drop 120m - 130m anytime soon. But 80m , if he’s a suitable candidate is doable.

1 Like