The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

If he can part defences the way he parted the Red Sea then we’re in business

1 Like

gortzteka been told he isnt part of bayerns plans. they only want £34m for him

2 Likes

This was the guy I was trying to think of last month when several people were talking about Kimmich. There were some rumours back in June I think suggesting Goretzka may have been available (and one journalist saying he would be a great fit for us).

2 Likes

Few years ago he would have been great. Not the player we should go for now imo.

4 Likes

He was poor at United, clearly past his useful years.

Are you thinking of Sabitzer?

4 Likes

Damn. Yes, you are right. Bad mistake.

1 Like

He was available for free the same time we were linked with Keita. He rejected us to go there. Think we don’t need him now.

2 Likes

so if chelsea manage to sign moises caicedo, they will have spent close to 200 million pounds on just two midfield players in a space of 7 months… WOW!! its like two different financial leagues (chelsea and city, then Man united and Arsenal… then us and the rest)

1 Like

Yeah the ‘Cheaters hydrocarbon league’ and the ‘Just regularly obscene debt fuelled Ponzi league’. The lower leagues look more appealing every season…

4 Likes

Wrong thread, but Gvardiol at the reported price is a quality deal. 20% of the money will go to Dinamo Zagreb. He’s already good enough at the age of 21 (which is rare) and, health permitting, will be for a good while.

2 Likes

And I am fairly confident that Jota will beat him to score from a header. Pulis’ Stoke and Dyche’s Burnley teams would lick their lips at the prospect of playing a City side with Gvardiol in their defence.

1 Like

:joy:

Good one.

Sanitizer is at Dortmund now anyway, only just signed him from Bayern

Oh Mark. This made me chuckle more than it needed to. :rofl:

No offence @Zoran but @Sweeting’s feedback and the mandatory 10 game eye test seems to suggest Gvardiol is definitely a good defender but with a glaring flaw that can be easily exposed/exploited in the most physical league in the world.

1 Like

Okay, obviously as a Liverpool fan, I will be looking forward to that…

:joy:

1 Like

To be fair I never said easily exploited. All of Man City’s defenders are weak aerially, with their system they are usually so high up the pitch that it doesn’t matter.

What I said was that he is a bad fit for us because all our own defenders are significantly better in the air than he is and we have clearly targetted that in the kind of defenders we have pursued.

He is only 21 though and I expect he’ll get better over time in the air, but that weakness aerially is something Man City don’t really care about but always made him an unlikely target for us.

1 Like

Ok. I used the term 'easily exploited ’ most probably because I had Stoke and Burnley in mind from my previous response.

Today’s PL teams may not go the route of banging in crosses. So yeah, maybe City can manage that. But then even Jota, who I think is relatively short, manages to find time and space to score. I was imagining Stoke and Burnley and their likes in a similar situation.

If Gvardiol joins City I still think there is some scope for smaller teams to convert a los into draw, if not a win, even if we neutrals think it is anti football

1 Like