The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

That’s my thinking too. Salah can also play centrally if needs be so there would be the opportunity to play the new guy and Salah at the same time, much like moving Mane inside to get Diaz playing on the left.

There aren’t that many good centre forward types out there at the moment. Darwin Nunez seems to be the top of most richer clubs lists now that Haaland is off to City but in that 23-25 age group we tend to shop in, realistic options seem a bit thin on the ground. A notch down in age groups you have the likes of Nkunku, Jonathan David, Isak, Adeyemi etc but do they have the body of work behind them that we like to see from big money signings?

Saying that, aside from Bowen im not sure what options there are for goal scoring left footed right wingers out there. Raphinha maybe? Moussa Diaby? Antony?

Gnabry certainly looks the kind of level we want to bring in, and that is he is performing well at a high level team and at a level where Klopp and team has a chance to develop him to the next level. I might be biased but I would still think that Mane is at least a notch or two above him in terms of abilities and output especially that both are same with one year left on their contract and even with the difference in age, if Mane really does want to leave, I would take 40mil + Gnabry at least.

1 Like

CM journal in Portugal are suggesting we are going for Darwin.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he is dead …

He’s a natural selection

2 Likes

Or the next stage in our evolution…

3 Likes

It’s just a theory…

Until he gets blown away by Tracy

Don’t be silly it’s his grandson

He’s called Darwin Nunez isn’t he? Or am I missing something here? I doubt Charles Darwin would be quick enough it took him ages on that ship of his.

1 Like

With all due respect and although I agree with the above to an extent, it was not the reason we lost. We were not nervous and our rhythm was not impacted. Yes tiredness/fatigue crept in second half but we dominated that match. Their keeper was MOM says it all.

3 Likes

Liverpool have held talks with Tottenham Hotspur talisman Harry Kane over a sensational move to Merseyside.

That’s the incredible claim coming from The Anfield Wrap (opens in new tab) podcast, who say that the England captain has been targeted as the successor to Bayern Munich-bound Sadio Mané, set to leave Anfield this summer.

Mané is heavily rumoured to be departing the Reds six years after joining from Southampton. The Senegalese has won everything in his time on Merseyside and would be exiting aged 30 with just a year left on his current contract.

1 Like

Where they laughing when they mentioned it?

Is that what the people on the podcast claim, or fr9m papers they are quoting?

how? as in he is riding a donkey from London to Liverpool or?

If it was Son then I’d be excited, his diving is an issue but he would drop it when he realises we don’t get any penalties

3 Likes

Let me guess, the Gutter show? :grin:

2 Likes

Something tells me that Klopp wouldn’t have Nkunku in the single #10 role and Nkunku & Jota as his first two “spears” up top.

Nkunku, have anybody saw him play for around 10 match … :innocent: :joy:

2 Likes

I didn’t say it was. It did mess with our rhythm and attacking play though and that’s notwithstanding that we dominated them. It’s definitely a factor as to why we didn’t convert that domination.

1 Like