The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Oh yes…

2 Likes

Wrong thread.

We want unreliable rumours!

10 full matches. Not YouTube!

Haha, no worries! 10, 20, maybe even 30.

Edit: unless it’s this season alone. If so, definitely not 20…

1 Like

The effect of the pitch on our play is an unreliable rumour, no?

No one will ever know because you’d have to listen to their podcast to find out.

I’m ready for us to sign Harry Kane and do an immediate and unashamed 180 on the big gormless bastard.

2 Likes

You might be, but I think I’m gonna need a bit more psyching up given what it means to me…

I’d rather guide @Kopstar’s dad into his sister than do that

1 Like

Everyone’s always talking about guiding @Kopstar’s dad into his sister, but what about guiding his sister into his dad?

It’s 2022, we can all do better than this.

6 Likes

If we sign Darwin Nunez it will be nice to have a Beagle in the box!

Harry Kane? I can’t stand him. He is the best worst player in the Prem. No great pace. No real trick. But scores so many goals. It is a complete mystery to me.

Anyway, leaving aside my dislike for the guy, as a player he would do very well here. He is dropping deeper these days, linking it up, then arriving into the box and scoring. He would score a lot of goals in between Diaz and Mo.

So why don’t I like it? I don’t like the fella. He’s 29 and if we are going to refresh up front, go younger. He has had a lot of ankle injuries. And finally the price would be ridiculous, not to mention dealing with Levy.

So I think I’d rather Darwin Nunez, who has a lot of what Kane has but is also more mobile, and 6-7 years younger.

Damn, you’ve got us pegged

Pegging now as well? Jesus wept.

Seems highly underated in this place but I’d go big for Saka.

Would cost us mega bucks but has massive potential and is already posting pretty handy numbers (14 & 8 this season) for a 20 year old, pretty impressive numbers IMO.

Dont think we can afford to sit back this summer we need to sign quality replacement players. With Div and potentially Sadio and Taki all moving on think we need at least 2 attacking players to come in in addition to Carvalho who I can’t see doing alot next season bar the odd Cup game.

City have taken a big step forward with Haarland to the team that won the league and made CL semi’s. They only get better and we need to match them in improving our squad if we want to contend again next season especially if we lose Mane.

Saka would be a good start.

2 Likes

Pedro Neto perhaps? That said, he seems to have become pretty unreliable in terms of fitness…

As an aside, I remembered who Nunez reminds me of - Cavani! I’d love to have such a forward, though the last time a player impressed so much in CL against Liverpool that I was desperate for club to sign him, we sent him out on loan to Southampton.

1 Like

Imaging Diaz and Kane trying to communicate…

confused ryan reynolds GIF

3 Likes

Neto crossed my mind but the injury issues and lack of recent production because of that made me think we’d probably swerve him until we know how well he’s really recovered.

Nunez also reminds me of Cavani. Tall, strong, loves a shot. He just seems so very different from everyone else we’ve ever brought in for our front three I’m finding it hard to see how he’d fit here at the moment. Not against an evolution in style but whilst he’s mainly played down the middle, he can also play wide left. If he came here that would still leave Mo the only natural inverted option on the right hand side with the left having Diaz, Jota, Nunez (if he came) and Carvalho all able to play there.

2 Likes

They are massively different players, Nunez has also had lots of trouble with his knee.

Despite Kane being an utter cock he’s one of the best players in the Premiership.

5 Likes

The Harry Kane of 3-5 years ago would be more our style surely? He looks like he’s on the downslide and given his wages/fee etc he doesn’t represent great value unless he regained his previous level and could hold it another 4-5 seasons. Seems doubtful before you even get to the difficulties such a deal would present - levy, Conte, the drooler himself. As I understand it, Guardiola wanted him last summer but the deal was too difficult & expensive even for cheaty and they found the Haaland extortion to be a cheaper simpler option. Surely that all says this deal ain’t happening?

1 Like