The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

People jump up and down screaming…

Bit of hyperbole in this comment no?

Stop being so facetious. You know what I mean.

he would probably not agree with you on this. Egyptians are not Arabs.

1 Like

Egyptians are Arabs

640px-Map_of_the_Arab_Diaspora_in_the_World.svg

1 Like

what’s the context of the map?

Is there an unreliable rumour about Egyptians being Arabs?

5 Likes

They refer to themselves as Arabs. They speak Arabic. Genetics is a different kettle.

1 Like

I guess that’s the way of the world now, hey. They “identify” as Arab, thus they are. nobody cares what their genetic construct actually says.

This is something that has happened since 800 odd years back. The Arabization of Egypt. For all intents , their language , their culture , their food , religion etc… Arabic. Genetics doesn’t play a part in that.

1 Like

Pharoanists would disagree with you. they would argue, their history is linked more to Europe through the expansion of the Roman Empire, than to the Arab nation. that they are Egyptians, before Arabs.

Maybe , but they are in the extreme minority. I do get where they are coming from though , not that I’d agree.

Stop stealing my lines.

steve sleeping GIF

1 Like

Ahhh. I remember when this was a transfer rumours thread. It’s like 6 degrees of separation, the football rumours version.

Things will fall back in line once the season starts.

Scabby agents for you, Abbas over the years has always given out mixed signals and flirted with the idea Salah could “one day leave Liverpool” because the lack of support from
fans or the club not recognising him as the most valuable asset they have.

Salah has shown his commitment to Liverpool because Liverpool has shown their commitment to him from the top down, never been any underlying complications or anything like that. Just an unreserved, unconditional, like father like son relationship. Officially known as a Salamance.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1689208921712398336?s=20

Oh no, even the backup option to the back up option has now gone elsewhere :smirk:

£60m on JWP and Maguire. That’s relegation level transfer form.

2 Likes