The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Fuck it’s bad when even indy aint tweeting :joy::joy:

1 Like

Make that one season!!

2 Likes

Matt Law is the brother of Glossy Law

Hmm…how concrete are these Thiago bids? Wondering if that’s where the Caicedo money is coming from

We did sell players we didn’t expect to sell for about 50m and there was always talk we were going buy one more before that.

Fuck that.

1 Like

There is a match on Sunday, it’s simply not happening.

1 Like

This whole thing is absurd, and I much prefer our old way of quietly doing business.

Given the choice between a player who seems keen to join us and costs half as much, and one who has seemed a bit petulant and who clearly wants to live in London, I’d go for Lavia.

That appears to be the most likely outcome still. We’d have to offer 50m + a packet of crisps, just so Southamption can claim bragging rights, but if Jürgen really wants him, which seems to be the case, that’s good enough for me.

6 Likes

Has it really changed that much in the last eighteen months?

1 Like

Eighteen months? It’s changed that much in the five and a half weeks since we signed Dom.

4 Likes

I must say that whatever happens, I find this quite entertaining, not on LFC winning matches level, but more than LFC winning a pre-season game.

More like us playing a pre-season game, Alisson making an easy save, and then Darwin blasting a shot high over the bar.

Thiago has already said that he won’t leave yet, he only would perhaps consider a move to Spain cause his Missus is pregnant again.

2 Likes

Let’s see what happens if the Saudis wave £700k a week in his face.

1 Like

Is he concerned that the kid would grow up with a wacker accent?

2 Likes

Whole fucking forum will commit mass suicide.

Well, maybe but they can’t all be Hendos?? But what do i know…

At least i wouldn’t want to go there if i would be pregnant, that would be definitely a no go tbh.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want to go there at all.

1 Like

I just want to point out that the main objection we have seen to Lavia is the lack of experience. We think he has all the ingredients, and if the club does, and we overpay a bit to get it done, fine. 50M is the number, or thereabouts.

Compare to Caicedo. He is a couple of years ahead. Apparently we made a bid late last summer, probably around the Lavia fee now, but were knocked back as Brighton had no time. So we like the player, and as he has grown the price has gone up and up. 100M is the number, or thereabouts.

My take is because Caicedo has seemed out of reach financially, we have made a bit too much of possible character issues - downed tools for Brighton, only wants the bright lights of London, in it for the money, etc.

Let’s wait and see what happens.

A couple of weeks ago I speculated that we might have a new partial owner in place, and I named Pagliuca, given the New England connection. If we are now shopping in the market for the likes of Caicedo, it does make me wonder.

MacAllister
Szoboszlai
Caicedo

Very tasty indeed, along with the other fine players we have.

Add a defender and this window will have been fantastic. Even if we don’t get to this last piece of business just yet, it would have still been a great window, and the defence will be better protected with some athleticism in front of it.

Top four for sure, would be my expectation, and with a fair wind a title challenge, though probably still one more year away from that, but we will see.

Oh fuck no , you are not getting me into the fantasy midfield threesome lineup things again.

I did all that jizzing/wanking over when I was imagining Bellingham and then earlier this pre season when we got Dominik and Macca