The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Yeah, his positioning is miles off

Sorry I saw a picture of him in his Mainz kit and thought it was Freiburgā€™s logo, which I now remember isnblack and white not big red letters.

Eitherway I am pretty doubtful about this rumour so I donā€™t think its going to matter much.

2 Likes

This is how he stacks up to the plastic boys.

Incredible to think someone that plays/occupies defensive areas has such low passing/tackling.

1 Like

That article has absolutely nothing in it.

Basically both off because Salah has a strop which he confirmed was nothing.

1 Like

So are we waiting for every potential player to move to other clubs?

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1691550855906934977?t=8LafWsAw1p3CwNtPU4gbCg&s=19

I would guess Sangare isnt particularly high up our list. Doesnt appear to have been high up Bayerns either.

2 Likes

Yes. Then we buy a player from one of those clubs.

#RGB

There may be a point where Klopp needs to reevaluate the whole system to minimize the need for a top quality CDM.

3 Likes

I get where the article is going, but regardless of which midfield role needs filling we are woesomely short on bodies. We signed MacC and Szobo to fill the spots of the three departed players from last year (Keita, AOC, Milner) but we havenā€™t covered the gaps left by Henderson and Fabinho.

When you start your first league game playing a CF as a left-sided #8, you KNOW you have problems.

5 Likes

Bayern had better watch out. The poor flower might throw a strop and decide not to sign for them

Itā€™s already been minimized with the switch to this system

1 Like

The article makes a fine point. Had we played Trent in midfield instead of Gakpo weā€™d have been much more solid. For all the criticism of Trentā€™s defending, heā€™s a pretty solid ball winner on the front foot.

Weā€™d probably need to go and buy a right back then. Somebody like White, Timber, Akanji, that style. They could stay back/tuck in, and Robertson (and Tsimikas) could play a more natural game.

Different ways to attack the current problem. We need additions either way.

To a point, but Robertsonā€™s role is very much the elephant in the room. On the face of it it is totally illogical, it was an obvious problem in pre season and it was a clear weakness against Chelsea. An adjustment needs to be made there.

4 Likes

Anybody starting to think that Chelsea are just trying to torpedo our season as they see us as the key competitor for a CL place?

2 Likes

By the looks of it their trying to torpedo their own season by daring the premier league to take some action.

Looks as though by buying everyone, they will qualify for champions league as only them, city and Newcastle will be in the league as everyone else has folded as they ainā€™t got any players :joy:

1 Like

We should convert Doak to a fullback, he sure has the speed for it.

Michael Reiziger made a pretty good living out of it.

1 Like

We will still finish above them. Guaranteed.

And at least they are talking with the player confirming heā€™s interested before dropping a record breaking deal.

its all fun and games going forward, until the poor kid has to defend

Wake up to no further news or new rumoursā€¦

Sad All By Myself GIF by Travis

1 Like

Drawing the dots on Monaco signing a DM, I bet we will see a link to Fofana within the next day or so.

I might set up a Twitter account as this stuff is easy to grift.

2 Likes