The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

You think if Liverpool talked to his money grabbing cunt of an agent he didn’t give every signal to our team that Caicedo wanted to sign and went through the whole arrangement of a contract? What possible reason would an agent like him have not to go through all the motions to set Liverpool up as a backup to Chelsea?

3 Likes

Yea that could be a problem :joy:

1 Like

Any credibility to the rumors circulating around Matheus Nunes? Do we need another 8 in Nunes and a bonafide 6 to complete our midfield rebuild? Or just a 6?

A tweet by him without mentioning Chelsea…shocked

1 Like

Yes I used to follow him although I knew most of the time he basically copied others but after the one-sided reporting fed by Chelsea I’m done with him, he can go fuck a duck.

1 Like

Scared Homer GIF by Jeremy Fisher

1 Like

https://twitter.com/empireofthekop/status/1691769848748028317?s=20

2 Likes

Welp, the downgrade is kinda massive…

Re: Doucoure: This was Alex Ferguson’s strategy - take the best player from sides who were mid or bottom of the table

1 Like

We have done this as well - picking up players from struggling or relegated sides. It’s how we picked up Robbo for loose change.

3 Likes

Scouts just have to get off their arses and do the job they’re paid for.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s massive at all.

2 Likes

I dont wanna be disappointed again but Doucoure looks hot tbf. He would look amazing in red. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Doucouré is a good player. Ideally we would have bought him from Lens and had him in the squad for such a time as this. He was good on both sides of the ball at Lens and at Palace has shown he can be a solid Prem defensive midfielder. Our need is clear, and if we get him, I’m on board.

Doucouré, MacAllister and Szoboszlai upgrades the midfield very well. Add in Jones, Elliott, Bajcetic and a veteran in Thiago to help bring a couple through, and we are fine.

I think Trent will pop up into the midfield in his inverted fullback role as the season progresses and we find balance in the side. He didn’t do that much against Chelsea as they were a tough opponent, and with our midfield hole, limited us to only 35% possession. All things considered that was a good point won, at this stage, but there’s a lot more to come from us.

Edit:
And if Olise isn’t done for Chelsea, and he has a 35M release clause, I’d be all over that.

1 Like

Palace were quoting £70m for Doucouré before they knew we had £111m to spend.

I dread to think what the asking price would be now.

1 Like

Think I read somewhere that Doucouré was 60-70m?

Can he play No.6 or RB?

£90 million for us and £50 million for Chelsea

Has anyone already checked if he sleeps in Chelsea bedding?

1 Like

Read £50m somehwere.