The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I think Olise’s long term future will be in the 10 position, he’s really creative and could do a lot of damage in that role. Problem I have with him is two fold - firstlynthat his goals output is extremely low despite being one of Palace’s main attackers (hes a creator not a scorer but still… two goals all season is low). Secondly, and more pertinently, I think hes a floater and very passive. He’s involved in the game for fits and starts but he’s not someone who rises when it gets tough he’ll just fade out the game.

I don’t think we have a great need for him, personally.

4 Likes

Nope!

But he is a good player, and in this crazy market, a lowish release clause is very good business. With whispers around Mo going to Saudi, sooner or later, it would be nice to have another good player, either for depth, or possible succession planning.

We know that Klopp thinks he is a good player too. A while ago now, Jurgen was asked if he has watched the Palace game, and he responded that he did, until such and such minute. The minute he gave was when Olise was subbed off.

Still, if we are listing it in terms of priorities, assuming Mo stays:

Defensive midfielder
Central defender

Beyond that, if there’s money and opportunity to do more, great.

Fair enough.

Whether his level is or isn’t quite good enough for us, the position isn’t the priority for us to address right now anyway.

I just loathe Chelsea picking up a decent player at a good price.

1 Like

Surely Doucoure costs more than Lavia? That article suggests otherwise.

Someone open the thread. Need to get our hopes up again, before Chelsea offer him a 35 year contract on 300k a week

3 Likes

Yeah Doucoure doesn’t get me off my seat. Aren’t there other targets out there?

Let’s wait for a reliable source first.

But don’t worry, when the time is right I’ve got @ISMF ready to rugby-tackle @Nikola so I can get to open a thread first.

5 Likes

Don’t worry he can mature at Chelsea for a couple of years, probably get sold to Brentford for half what they’re about to pay and if he’s developed enough we can sign him at that point.

1 Like

Was Palace’s POTS in his first season, ahead of Zaha, Eze, Olise. Was brilliant against us. Would be behind Caicedo but way ahead of Lavia imo

Miguel Delaney seems reliable?

I’m willing to go for it.

Strike for gold.

…and your opening line will be…

Not too familiar with him so I’ve just been browsing his stats via Fbref and watching a couple of compilation vids.

Looks like he loves a big tackle, statistically very very strong defensively. In terms of passing and possession his stats are bang-average if not a bit terrible, but if we’re looking for someone to come in and help protect the defense, then as long as he could get the ball to one of Mac, Szobo, Jones, Trent or Thiago that should be enough (for now).

Would get us through to January and hopefully a deal then for Andre.

1 Like

Sneaked in to open this whilst Nikola was in A&E after ismf went in for a rugby tackle a bit to enthusiastically and broke a couple of Nikolas ribs…he’s ok and said he’ll open the Mbappe thread soon.

No idea honestly, but I’d like for one of the regular brigade, Joyce, Reddy etc to put something out about it first.

1 Like

No mention of Fabrizio? :joy:

He’ll be along to tell us the player prefers Chelsea/money

Blank Stare Staring GIF

They’ve all said we have an interest in him at some point this summer. Just none going as hard on it as Delaney atm. If that helps.

For what it’s worth, one of the things I’ve read about him a few times is that his passing and possession stats were much better in France and it may be down to how Palace play.

1 Like

Haven’t seen much of Doucoure but Palace fans seem to really rate him and the Lens captain (Seko Fofana) had some very good stuff to say about him when he left.

Looks like we could do much worse, much prefer him to Palinha, or hoping that Gravenberch or Thuram could learn to tackle.

6 Likes