The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I’m mildly surprised the younger Thuram (plays at Nice) hasn’t been mentioned by all the ITK throwing defensive midfield players names around. But then again it’s likely they’re just parroting recycled names amongst each other.

If he’s not sold this summer he likely will be next summer. PSG were linked as was Real. But I’m guessing signing Tchou takes them out.

Of all the names du jour bandied; Sangare, Neuhaus, Kone, etc; I’d take Thuram over any of them. I don’t have 10 matches but I have enough to say he’s quality with high potential.

1 Like

I was going to say “because he’s a forward” and then I checked myself and remembered Lilian has two of them out there. It would be surprising if between these two and the sons of Kliuvert and Zidane, all of whom had hype coming up through the ranks, if none them amounted to much. It seems that this younger one might be the last hope.

1 Like

Yeah, get that point about offspring of former players tend to be hyped, but Khephren Thuram (the younger Thuram, midfielder at Nice) is much higher regarded than his brother Marcus.

1 Like

I can think of many more bigger ‘dicks’ than him, in the Premier League.
Starting with Richarlison, then Pogba and Fernandes plus several others in the Utd squad. Don’t get me started on the City team, because I’ll be up all night and I’d like to get some sleep.

6 Likes

BBC rumours

Liverpool are tracking Rennes’ French forward Martin Terrier, 25, as a replacement for Sadio Mane, should the Senegal international, 30, depart Anfield. (Mirror)

He will be snapping at the heels of Salah et al if we sign him. Will take a while for him to be top dog though.

4 Likes

One thing is sure,it would not have Spurs laughing.

Are you sure you aren’t a scout? :rofl:

1 Like

Simone’s son or sons were doing well in Italy.

1 Like

Echo drops list of names Terrier is one, sister paper of the Trinty Mirror group then links Terrier.

Apparently according to the former article in the Mirror his stats are similar to Mane.

1 Like

I don’t do football stats

Latest clickbait from Pearce

1 Like

Quality bit of trolling there - Salah being willing to join a PL rival - but I don’t think that club will budge on his demands. He’s leaving next year as a free player, I was convinced earlier and now I’m sure.

3 Likes

Jarrod Bowen and Jonathan David are the only forward options mentioned in it, if anyone doesn’t subscribe.

Also mentions interest in Bellingham and Tchouameni but points out neither are likely. Bellingham due to Haaland leaving and the other because of Real.

1 Like

Not a lot in there that the average forum user couldn’t deduce but some interesting bits of note.

Seems the desire is to get a new contract done with Keita but not Ox. Oddly it suggests it’s for him to push to leave this summer rather than us looking to find suitors.

Taki is clearly available for the right price which would further reduce our options up top.

We knew Klopp was keen to keep Milner but the number bods were never going to let that happen on a deal similar to his current one. I hope we find a way to get that done.

And the boys out on loan seem to be surplus to requirements. Nothing too surprising there but will we get the money we want for them in order to get permanent deals done. That’s proved tricky in the past but with some needs across the squad can we afford to turn down say £10m for Nat because we want £15m and then have to send him out on loan again.

With Mane looking likely to be off, Salah at a contract impasse, Ox, Keita, Firmino in the last year of their deals and Milner and Origi expiring this summer, it actually feels like there’s quite a bit of work to do for a team that came within touching distance of a quadruple this season.

3 Likes

More referencing the PL thing with Salah

Considering Bayern leaked the Mane news before the CL final, I hope we go and buy Laimer ahead of them.

2 Likes

I want Jude Bellingham for next year before anyone else gets him. He is lovely and sensible boy. Get him to sign a pre-contract in January 2023.

Edit: take him to Blackpool for the day.

5 Likes

He’s a bull of a forward.

1 Like

Is he still in contract with Dortmund, we could sign him ahead of summer 2023 this summer a bit like Keita. Wonder if that will happen.

1 Like

Looks like Bellingham contract doesn’t expire until 2025

1 Like