The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

So not a terrier?

2 Likes

I don’t know much about him but if you filter on transfermarkt by playing position and just select CF then he has fairly decent numbers there. 6g +1a from 1080 minutes at CF this season, 6g 5a from 1209 minutes last season.

Numbers decline dramatically as a winger before this season.

1 Like

Potentially we could do a Keita then be interesting to see if we stick with our CM and do that or go out and purchase seeing as we need two mind in the next 2-3 years.

It seems like I have to mansplain this to some of you.

Dog Show Running GIF by American Kennel Club

:smiley:

1 Like

Now, I am hearing Harry Kane rumours to LFC? :thinking: Isn’t he abit old?

3 Likes

29 this July. Definitely not the typical FSG signing.

2 Likes

Yes. It seems highly unlikely for lots of reasons.

4 Likes

Yes, I think this is probably a case where Liverpool had him and Son on a list of potentially interesting targets they might have gone for this summer if Spurs had failed to get CL and one or more of our starting players moved on this summer. With Spurs qualifying for CL, I don’t think there is any chance of this happening now.

2 Likes

Kane isn’t a classic FSG purchase, but if you consider him a straight swap for a Sadio Mane who’s the same age, it makes a bit more sense.

Additionally, while FSG generally won’t pursue players in their late 20s, when they do make an exception, it’s for someone who is already world class, like Thiago. Kane fits that category.

That all being said - I agree that Spurs are unlikely to sell.

4 Likes

We’re not signing Kane ffs. Is there any way to get an alert when some decent rumours come around?

1 Like

Normally I’d say yes, but Thiago wasn’t a typical FSG signing.

EDIT: but I agree with @redfanman, Spurs have CL next season and a world class manager. Additionally, ownership has committed transfer money to Conte this summer. They’re showing ambition. I take no pleasure in saying this, but I do believe they’ll be in the top 4 mix and likely a nuisance.

All of that, I don’t see Kane moving to Liverpool or anywhere else for that matter.

4 Likes

I think something pretty monumental would have to happen for Spurs not to be in the top 4 next year. The world cup is a real wild card, not just in how the players cope but the managers as well, so I wouldnt rule out a few unexpected situations, but if anything Spurs ended the season as the third best side and on the up. I dont see anyone below them catching up with them unless something bad happens that makes them fall away.

1 Like

I would be very sorry to see Mane go, My mate and I call him inspector gadget because he seems to possess go go gadget legs, always seeming to be able to nick the ball away at the last second.
If I am being honest he has had a bit of an off season or so, until the later part of this season where he really excelled when we played him through the middle.
If he wants a different challenge at this stage of his career then I hold no ill feeling and only wish him the best of luck - unless playing against us.
He has always given 100% and provided a life time of memories, from day one with the goal against Arsenal.
My mates (non Liverpool fans) asked me how I would feel if Mane/Salah left. I would be gutted, however, I wouldn’t be worried. In the past I would be concerned but thankfully, our club is now run in a professional manner and so I am confident that any player departing would be replaced with a player specifically researched. Unlike the Suarez debacle.

5 Likes

Stroppy sod :rofl:

He’s got more chance of winning a trophy with us than Tottenham
.that’s all I’m saying

2 Likes

For all the good the club has done in the last few years, letting Mane, bobby and Mo contracts expire at the same time is really dropping a huge bollock.

1 Like

Dont see how the club can be blamed here. Too many variables at play. Only fault would be if they had low balled Sadio and Mo.

4 Likes

What if both players refuse to sign?
Its not like PSG and Mbappe, where they can just give whatever is required.
I think succession planning is probably already in place. No way Klopp signs a new deal to discover his attacking force is gone without replacements. Replacements that he wants, another build.
Remember when the mancs sold Ince and Kanchelskis? Utd were doomed, selling two cogs in the wheel
what replaced them was better.

I hate seeing Mane leave, and I hate seeing the utter disrespect for Salah
but I trust that Klopp has a plan.

6 Likes

Kane makes no sense. Even if Spurs were willing to sell, why would we pay a huge fee and wages for him when we could just pay Mane a good wage without having to pay a fee? If Kane were much younger and heading into his prime, fine. But that is not the case here.

2 Likes

Sign Kane for a £100m? I’m assuming that’s what it would cost, unless you think Levy was joking when he told MC £150m, and thanks not including salary. Ridiculous, desperate rumour, even if he wasn’t a dick.

It would make more sense to terminate MO’s contract, and resign him 3 seconds later for £50m sign on fee, on a 4 year contract at current wages.