The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Can’t stand Kane but as a player he would score loads for us in between Diaz and Salah. He is a big game player too, with some size to him, and he is able to drop deep to knit it together.

Age, likely transfer fee, likely wages, dealing with Levy… all factors that indicate it won’t happen.

I’d like us to sign Darwin Nunez to replace Mane, as a front three of Diaz-Nunez-Salah looks really good, plus Jota, Firmino and Carvalho.

Work out what to do in Salah’s position next summer, assuming he is off.

Spurs are in the Champions league so no way is Kane going to be sold, they will be trying to add a quality front man.

1 Like

I think the thing with Mané is that it’s not about the wages, I genuinely think he just wants to play for another big club if a different league before his career comes to an end. Maybe i’m wrong. But if it were about money he could wait another year and pick up huge wages and a signing fee and have his pick of clubs. But he’s ready for a new challenge now.

I don’t think we’re signing Kane either, but Mané is driving this move not us, and we just need to make the best of it. Positionally we already replaced him with Diaz. That’s not an issue, so it just depends if the club think we’re okay with Bobby/Jota for the middle or if we want another option there or if we would be better signing Salah’s replacement now and give him a year to bed in.

Suppose it depends on who is available, if we’re altering the formation or what the plans for Elliott, Carvalho and (at a push) Gordon are.

2 Likes

Kane isn’t happening, financially it makes no sense. It’s a waste of time discussing it.

5 Likes

Thing is if you genuinely wanted to join a club That gets you to finals and challenges who would be better.

And you can argue about Mane but I don’t think that massively shifts our dynamics I still feel we will compete regardless what else is bought.

If truth be told I have a feeling we would be champions if we had been knocked out of any of the domestic cups earlier but we won them so that’s fine.

I don’t think Klopp would even consider Kane. Son makes far more sense but I don’t think we buy eithier. You’ve got Jota and Firmino the former evidently plays much better when in the middle, Salah can also play in the middle. So I expect we will sign a wide forward probably on Salah’s side as it will allow that rotation of this year.

2 Likes

Agree, i’m resigned to Mo moving on next summer, if he was going to sign he would have and I dont see the club breaking the wage structure for him, so makes sense to get his replacement now and give them a season to bed in.

Do we think Elliott, Carvalho and Gordon can combine to cover Taki and Origi’s output. If not then it may be worth getting Bobby’s longterm successor this summer too. Depth is so so critical with the volume of games we play. We’ve been lucky this season with how well the squad players did when rotating in.

2 Likes

now you’re talking he is excellent Arse are after him as well but if we show interest. you can bet Spuds will too

Im multi tasking and read that as having an excellent arse, and I thought I’ll have some of that.

Season 11 Cooking GIF by Masterchef

2 Likes

He’s committed to the “project”. They are definitely back in the Champions league 23/24…:smirk:

2 Likes

Has anyone seen much of Jeremy Doku over the past season or so?
I seem to remember Klopp saying he could see him replacing Sadio, or similar words.
The very small amount I have seen, he seems explosive and a real menace to defenders.

Hasn’t found his scoring boots yet, it seems. Just 4 goals in 55 games for Rennes over the past couple of seasons :grimacing:

2 Likes

Oh no. Not setting the world on fire then!

1 Like

I have been derided for putting punctuations in the past but it still works without haha

2 Likes

Isn’t he the same lad who refused Liverpool because it would hinder his progress?

2 Likes

When does the transfer window open?

Informative post from TIA, this is debated every year on here.

The summer window for the Premier League and the EFL is to open on Friday, June 10.

Edit - I can’t help but tag the legends @Kopstar and @Redbj on this after a memorable exchange a few years ago on this subject, hope you guys are doing well.

3 Likes

Cheers mate, all good.

The transfer window mentioned here is the international window, for players from other national associations being signed by PL clubs.

The domestic transfer window, however, is already open. Eg signing players, regardless of nationality, who are already playing for clubs in the English football leagues.

6 Likes

doing well.

@kopstar looks like its open June 10th this season, bit late in the day isnt it, i remember when we used to get deals over and done with june 1st and 2nd…

4 Likes

Today in “trust me, bro” news a guy on reddit has claimed we’re signing antony because he knows the brother of the lawyer in the negotiations.

If thats not a good enough source for you nothing ever will be

4 Likes

well said, i never understood where the confusion came from.

1 Like

I know people read this board and steal discussion. Not that we have a copyright on Liverpool discussion, but it’s fascinating to watch what gets parroted. This isn’t the first time “Moby” has borrowed TIA/TAN content and posited as his own:

Strange that, a few days after I mention Thuram……

And literally the same day we discuss Jota, some as a mild critique, Sam McGuire with a passive agressive tweet. As an aside, I also believe Sam posts here.

4 Likes