The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Remember a few years back we had a guy called Clive in our school… He would be coming up to 60 now.
Anyway, it was at the time Suzi Quatro had her biggest hit in the charts… and unfortunately some one tagged this guy with the moniker… Devil Gate, as in Devil Gate Clive :0)
As far as I know, the name has stuck with him up until present day… which is nearly 50yrs
Everyone calls him Devil Gate and I’m sure most people he has met throughout his life have never found out what his actual first name was and how he acquired it… or maybe they do.
He resigned himself to accept it many years ago and still seems happy enough
Guessing this is not you eh

5 Likes
2 Likes

Beter give him a chair when he sign’s a contract because he is never on his feet for more then 10 seconds …

I must have known you 10 years or so. Seems like every year you post about the correct transfer window dates :joy:

4 Likes

It might be the first time TIA has got it right, but then I notice the article wasn’t by Jack Lusby.

Probably a coincidence…

3 Likes

Let’s be honest, the summer window opening doesn’t really matter. Some deals are already done, they just don’t complete until the official opening at which point most players will be on the summer hols anyway.

5 Likes

Also, what it I say that the “transfer window” opening is largely irrelevant to deals getting done.

Oh My God Reaction GIF by VH1

I’m not reading these transfer rumours/stories…obviously I don’t want Sadio or Mo to leave…who the hell do we buy to replace them…gawd knows…!!!..whoever it is, they’ve got to want to play our way and play for us…when o when will we be put out of our misery​:confounded::confounded::confounded:I think I’m frightened of who we might get…

2 Likes

It definitely won’t be a 30 year old for over £30m.

1 Like

Don’t worry we always replace people who wish to leave our magical club we will sign Gnabry to replace Mane and Nunes Darwin to replace Salah. It will be their loss history always repeats itself tell those two to talk to Keegan Torres, Owen, Coutinho,Suarez and winaldjum to find out if it actually worked out for them!
Mane should not listen to his compatriots wishes and even less to that spitting impersonation of a human being!

Suarez, well it worked out for him.
Gini retired.

Have confidence mate we’ve recruited exceptionally in the Klopp era this wont be any different.

Klopp just resigned I imagine there where discussions around the next team and what funds would be needed to achieve a refresh with players aging/leaving can’t imagine Klopp doesnt already have a plan.

We’ll be right

Mane is on the wane and Salah has been offered a deal. Bobby on the other hand has struggled this season, so I don’t think all is doom and gloom.

1 Like

Where did this one come from. Fat Duncan.

1 Like

I didnt say it was.

Paul Joyce confirming our interest in Darwin Nunez

5 Likes

Where? Was just on his Twitter looking at the Mane news but nothing on there about Nunez.

EDIT: spotted it’s in the Times.

1 Like

Sorry mate I should have posted the link.

3 Likes

Wording was interesting - if I remember correctly, he confirmed club’s interest in Nunez but only at a certain price. Some amounts that were quoted in the press were extortionate.

1 Like