The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I’d take him. I think we could get a Salah out of him. Terrible finishing but terrific pace.

Edit: apparently says that he wants to leave (duh) and that Chelsea want 40m. I don’t read German, saw a blurb on the bbc gossip page

1 Like

I wouldnt go for Timo. Dont think hes cut out for the PL. Would rather Tammy if youre looking at Chelsham strikers.

Tammy has followed one of those roads to Rome people keep talking about, full time.

Timo is fucking terrible, the exact opposite of the ballyhooed “Klopp player”, and I’m sure he’ll never play for our club.

1 Like

Rather go for Raphinha. Far better player all round compared to Werner.

6 Likes

Timo’s had his chance. He could have waited for Liverpool to ake the offer.

2 Likes

Salah did a very similar thing his first time round in the PL. Rejected us for Chelsea. I don’t think it’s something to take personally. It happens.

Salah was clearly a very good player. Werner is rubbish.

1 Like

Werner was very good at Leipzig, Lukaku at Inter. Maybe the issue is Chelsea and their bagful of attacking players?

1 Like

Salah didnt reject us for chelsea. Basel accepted a much higher offer from chelsea and liverpool didnt match it.

1 Like

Ok. But isn’t that literally what happened with Werner and us?

Might be in the minority here but I dont think timo is rubbish. Hes probably just having a crisis of confidence and conscience(realizing what a shithole chelsea is).

A move away on loan to another club preferably in another league can reinvigorate his career.

He still is young enough to join a top club later but it wont be liverpool.

1 Like

Liverpool asked for time to set their finances in order to make the bid. Timo jumped the gun early. Theres a difference there.

Liverpool didnt want to match chelseas offer for Salah.

Fair enough. I don’t think that makes him a cunt though. It’s not like a Coutinho faking a back injury on transfer deadline day to force a move. He’d probably have some humility over the whole thing.

On the ability front, he was great at Leipzig, we were excited when we thought he was coming to us. 2 years at Chelsea during Covid with his introduction to the PL under the maestro Frank Lampard can’t be discounted in my opinion

Think of a parallel with this and thiago. Both of them were set on making the move. Thiago waited till we made the bid whereas Timo didnt wait. Also Timo was a buyout clause deal where Liverpool would have to raise money etc etc to pay at once. Thiagos deal could be structured in payment terms.

Of course he’s not rubbish. He’s a good last line type of forward, going in behind the defence. Terrific movement. Good enough for Liverpool? As a squad option, maybe yes, but for me we need players who are also really good in front of the defence.

If we need another forward this summer, I’m hoping we go for Nkunku or Raphinha. Looks like this could be the summer they move, with two years left on their deals. Should be possible to get them without paying over the top.

1 Like

Never said he was a cunt. He was phenomenal at Leipzig. Just regressed under someone like Fwank

1 Like

Chelsea did with Werner what we did with Diaz.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Raphinha is great but for some I reason I think he’ll move to Barca this summer. It’s looking more and more likely that Xavi gets Barca top 4 based on which I’m sure thelly scrounge up some shady magical loan

I think with a little bit of confidence and increased strength training , he could be somewhat of a fernando torres kind of striker… That might have been what LFC would have used him as… Get in behind the defence and leave the centerbacks gasping…

2 Likes

Chelsea is just hilarious when it comes to attacking players.

Got rid of De Bruyne. Got rid of Salah. Got rid of Sturridge. Got rid of Lukaku. Had his peak years elsewhere. Buy Morata, he flops. Loan Higuain, he flops. Sell Abraham. Buy Lukaku back for £100m to remedy the £50m Werner flop of the year before. He flops.

They’ve also spent ~£165m on Pulisic, Ziyech, and Havertz in the last two years who have 33 league goals in 152 games between them.

That’s ~£315m on 5 attacking players in the past two years for 45 league goals in 220 games.

In the same period, players they’ve moved on who had cost them a combined £18m (that they sold for £62m) scored 78 league goals in 162 games. [DeBruyne, Salah, Abraham]

6 Likes