The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

He wasn’t phenomenal at all, he showed all the same deficiencies he has at Chelsea but was playing in a much weaker league. The German league has the worst defending of any of Europe’s top leagues by a mile (though Italy is getting there).

It’s not a crisis of confidence, he’s just a bit shit.

2 Likes

The Wire Reaction GIF

1 Like

That’s why I’m a little nervous by the pending takeover, especially if the new owners dont have the deep pockets Roman does but are savvy…

Owners willing to give their younger players time could see the end of the laughable trade in players you highlight.

2 Likes

In the context of time, Chelsea selling Salah is not a mistake in my books. At least nowhere near such a massive one like it’s portrayed. He went to another level in Italy, playing for the likes of Fiorentina and Roma. Sturridge also, what can you say. I’d say De Bruyne is the one and indeed was the player who they wanted to keep, but he was the one who was pushing to go out. He wanted to play more immediately, true, but that was more his decision. Another topic we can agree is that they’re wild with changing a lot in short spaces of time, be it managers and players.

I wish we had the ability to have more extra players who we judge better moving on and making some money.

But generally, I hate the fact that they can stockpile players, I’m hoping for a limit of how many senior players you can have. Would open the market more and give more chances to smaller clubs.

1 Like

Indeed. Just look at the talent that’s walked out of their doors in the last few years or is on loan.

Tomori, Abraham, Broja, Gilmour, Gallagher, Livramento, Guehi…plus they’ve got James, Mount, Chalobah, Chilwell…Pulisic and Havertz could easily come good. Mendy’s solid. They’re strong as it is but they could easily have had a very good young team there with just some work needed on central defence, CM, and maybe 1 or 2 more in attacking positions.

Mendy
Livramento Chalobah Tomori Chilwell
James Gallagher Pulisic
Mount Abraham Havertz

Others Guehi, Gilmour, Broja

2 Likes

8 English players… Fat Sam is slobbering his chops at the prospect… Added the 1!

1 Like

8, I think?

1 Like

Yeah, Livramento is actually born and bread english.

3 Likes

Is that scone?

5 Likes

Werner is a lot better than he has shown at Chelsea. How much better? That is the question. If we bought him, Klopp would definitely get a tune out of him and he would score goals. So I’m chilled if we pursue the move.

On the other hand, I’d rather go for someone like Nkunku, or Antony.

1 Like

Unless he’s thick sliced I don’t want to know.

I’ve already posted two times here today but had to scroll up now to see how the hell did we end up talking about Werner and Chelsea.

:joy:

Anyway, yeah. I don’t think there’s much truth in it. He’s not great, not terrible either. I believe he will go somewhere else where he has numbers around up in the forward line, perhaps to a somewhat lower level than Chelsea.

He’s a player with some high qualities and some low qualities. Makes him a little bit frustrating to watch, but if he’s used well and is confident, he can be an important player. The top of English football is probably a level a tad too high for him right now.

1 Like

Werner is a one trick pony. Good for a counter attacking team in a weak league.
That is not us.

1 Like

Everton?

If they don’t get relegated.

Maybe when Richarlison (even if he’s different to Werner, but Everton have such an unbalanced side) goes, Everton would look at a player like that who can work the opposite direction of players coming towards the ball with strong runs in behind and provide numbers.

1 Like

Mea culpa :rofl:

I just thought he’s worth a discount punt not that there’s anything linking us with him

You go too far sir.

Dont Think So Zlatan Ibrahimovic GIF by Major League Soccer

2 Likes

He’s actually awful at this. One of the worst I’ve ever seen. Offside every time the ball gets played to him

1 Like

They dont have a Trent to play the ball to him!

P.s dont think he would be good for us.

1 Like