The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Well… I’ll meet you in the middle :+1:

1 Like

That’s all that needs to be said.

I don’t know why people are convinced it’s Chelsea that have ruined him. He was always poor at holding the ball up and weak technically.

At Chelsea he’s getting loads of touches in the opposition box. They are playing to his strengths. He’s just not good enough to make it count.

I first watched him at the 2018 world cup for Germany, after hearing many good things about him, and it was the same then. He’s the same player now as he’s always been.

Also well known for being weak mentally and a bit of a bottler. Example - he’s happy to take penalties in normal time to boost his stats but in the 2 or 3 shootouts he’s had at Chelsea he’s concocted phantom injuries so that he doesn’t have to be in the first 5.

For anyone who watched him at Leipzig it was apparent that he probably wasn’t good enough then. I don’t know what has changed people’s minds since then, is it the 7 goals in 49 premier league games?

There’s no great mystery or puzzle to solve. He wasn’t as good as advertised. Certainly not good enough for us.

5 Likes

im horny GIF

1 Like

This is it I think he is ok I just think Chelsea was a disastrous move it’s not one i would have in the past have recommended for anyone bar a manager who is a bit short of cash

1 Like

I forget if it was here or TIA forums but a large group of us saying No to Werner when the reports of him to Liverpool.

With that said, strictly in a vacuum, Werner would seem a tremendous fit in The Boss’s setup. Just running all day at defenders and stretching the opposition backline. He does have blistering pace. But that’s where it begins and ends, unfortunately.

He’s been dubbed ‘The Blind Horse’ for a reason. All he does is puts his head down and run, with little regard to much else. Either running himself offside, or when he does get in on goal, kicking the ball everywhere but at the goal. Definitely not what I would call clinical or technical.

I personally think he’s coming back to Germany.

3 Likes

Didn’t we catch him offside something like 7 times in the final 10 minutes of the Carabao Cup final?

4 Likes

We catch most teams off side but then some dick head will put them down as chances anyhow

6 Likes

[ Clears throat ] There’s only one Maestro…

Yep…

3 Likes

so you are Frank Lampard! No shit!

1 Like

Maybe posted in a other thread but just saw on Reddit (posted 10mns ago) Pearce saying we signed Ben Doak from Celtic. Fee 600k?

Leeds offered player better personal terms but wanted Liverpool.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Thanks @mattyhurst! :raised_hands:

1 Like

659 goals in 499 games at underage level. Looks about 30!

7 Likes

That’s crazy production. Where does this kid play, is he a wingback? I’ve not seen one minute of him but clearly the club wanted him for a reason.

EDIT: reading the Twitter thread Matty posted, a lot of people excited about him and his potential.

1 Like

That’s a lot of goals for a striker. For a wing back it would be phenomenal.

2 Likes

He’s a keeper and those aren’t goals against :slight_smile:

1 Like

Life’s tough in Glasgow.

8 Likes

A bit of research tells me he is a right winger/wing back. He also sounds like he is a creative attacking talent.

Anyone seen him play? Potential future back up to TAA perhaps?

2 Likes

499 games by the age of 16?

How far back are they going and what’s counted as a game?!

4 Likes