The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

This makes sense. The final formation and style of play depends on who we choose as our final midfielder (depending on teams and even game situations). Either way bobby is a third choice #9 and a first choice #10.

Klopp isnt going to give up on his philosophy about a 3 man midfield beating a two man oneā€¦ Yet one more intriguing iteration which makes me excited on how liverpool play this coming season.

1 Like

Yes, and with the ball I think itā€™s about attacking similar spaces anyway. Just maybe switching around a little who goes where. Our right sided #8 often tends to push up when we have possession, to play fairly central and between the lines.

I think the main difference is in the defensive starting/resting shape, and we donā€™t spend too much time there anyway during a game.

Our #8 has been guilty (if thats the right word) of attacking the right halfā€¦ And linkup with trent and moā€¦

This change could make us more unpredictable

We still dont have a gamechanging #10 like kdb but our tactics will be more flexible.

Do we even know if Thiago is fit ā€¦

Isnā€™t it brilliant? We arenā€™t even in July, and the club have concluded their transfer dealings. The players know where they stand, can quietly prepare themselves, and will all be reunited when training starts again. Meanwhile, the club can now concentrate on selling players for good fees.

Itā€™s the dream, really. Something we could only dream of before Klopp joined us.

And if some really interesting opportunity pops up, the club can still pounce on if they deem it necessary. Itā€™s unlikely, but it happened with DĆ­az in January, so who knows.

10 Likes

Honestly Thiago is just as good as De Bruyne.

Yes. But he isnt a #10. Compared talentwise , both are equivalent

Dr Bruyne isnā€™t a no.10 :wink: Heā€™s a center mid. Carvalho and Elliot will be similar in a few years.

2 Likes

Thin line in those definitions. Kdb isnt a #8 either.

1 Like

And guardiola does hire that bit well. Whether it is bernardo or gundogan or kdb or fodenā€¦maybe its due to his past as a midfielder , but he does know how to get the best out of themā€¦

Yet a tiny part of me longs for that last second mad signing. United fans are going out of their minds because weā€™re so organised. I like a little chaos. Shit organisation though that is.

2 Likes

I look forward to those lads receiving their doctorates.

Look At Us Paul Rudd GIF

2 Likes

Way too inexperienced that 2nd string.

1 Like

Kelleher
Ramsay, Gomez, Konate, Tsimi
Hendo, Keita
Elliott, Carvalho, Jones
Jota

So bar Ramsay and Carvalho all members of our squad and played in the league last season isnā€™t good enough for our 2nd string? Hahaha.

Itā€™s a better team than Utds.

3 Likes

Not really. Aside from Ramsay, who wonā€™t play that often (maybe in cups) due to being behind Trent and Gomez at RB (as I said, I didnā€™t want to put names in multiple positions), and Elliott (swap Mo for in the above statement), who else doesnā€™t have much experience?

The first XI will play the vast majority of games, weā€™ll see most churn in midfield with Hendo and Naby switching regularly with Fab and Thiago, but thatā€™s swapping experience for experience, and Jota coming in fairly often at CF for Nunez or LW for Diaz, so again not really an experience downgrade.

1 Like

Iā€™d say anyone with less than 70 games isnā€™t experienced enough so Kelleher Ramsay Harvey Carvalhio Jones are all inexperienced players Imo.

Iā€™d even say to a degree Ibou and Joe arenā€™t that experienced.

Only ones there that definitely are, Jota Naby & Hendo.

Whilst Firmino as a 10 is a good idea in theory he has actually been poor when used there, albeit sparingly. That performance against Wolves on the last day of the season was one of his worst in a red shirt! Iā€™d say itā€™s fairly different to his false 9 role.

That said, he might improve with a run of games. Itā€™s worth a go.

4 Likes

For the amount theyā€™ll be expected to play (Kelleher 0 in the league, Ramsay 0 in the league, Elliott 10 in the league maybe?, Carvalho same?, Jones same?) theyā€™re fine. Thatā€™s how you bring young players through.

In most of those cases theyā€™re not even second choice for the positions theyā€™re covering.

2 Likes