The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Based on what?

Konate who started a champions league final isn’t experienced enough to be part of our theoretical “2nd string” fuck me thats some high criteria.

4 Likes

That squad is good enough to be rotated and take out 95% of the league.

What you really need is to be able to cut out the poor results early on and then Thiago doesn’t have to play against Wolves. How are the squad players who like Elliott could become our legends of the future able to gain experience, what’s even the point in signing Carvalho if you are just going sign a stop gap that might not even turn out as good.

Who doesn’t play 2/3 of games if you sign a CM? It makes far more sense to do it next summer if you are moving on Milner and Keita and Thiago and Hendo are a year older.

In fact you might see two signings, the signing of Darwin isn’t replacing Mane, that’s already been done in Diaz, effectively we’ve replaced Mane and Salah and get Salah for another season.

1 Like

And they’re not going to reach 70 games by not playing.

4 Likes

Inexperienced means inexperienced it doesn’t mean they’re not good enough…don’t need to put a negative twist on it.

I can see Harvey getting another loan now that Carvalho’s in the picture…he didn’t seem to get in the squad back end of last season, same with Jones who I can see being sold if a suitable offer came.

Based on what? My personal feeling.

Konate who started a champions league final also has over 100 games to his name…I said anything less than 70, so what are you talking about.

7/11 senior internationals as well.

1 Like

I’d even say to a degree Ibou and Joe aren’t that experienced.

But Ibu has 100 games? So is he experienced or not based on your 70 game experience o meter? It’s very confusing.

Gomez has 87, are you counting sub appearances against his 70 number?

2 Likes

Ibou and Gomez are both experienced ENOUGH yes, but then you have the real experienced players like Naby Jota & Hendo…shouldn’t be that confusing to understand, even coming from me.

1 Like

IMO we will need Elliott, Jones and Carvalho to manage all the games we are playing, trying to get true the season with 5 midfielders (Fabinho, Keïta Henderson Milner and Thiago) will be suicide.

Forget senior internationals though because there are plenty of those who play more for their country than club…or just inexperienced internationals.

Kelleher of course being 1.

It should be more than enough Imo, we still don’t know what will happen with Ox.

You don’t want to go into the season with Fabinho, Keïta Henderson Milner and Thiago + Ox still around + Carvalho and then where do Jones and Elliott fit?

1 Like

Ok, getting it I think. So Gomez, Konate, Keita, Henderson and Jota are all experienced enough. Tsimikas has 100+ so he’s in also! 6 out of 11 with some youth players “gaining” experience by you know being young… Seems enough for me personally.

I’d trust the guy who won us the League Cup. 100%

3 Likes

Has he won 70 league cups though?

Not. A. Chance. On either count

There is something really weird about Liverpool fans (perhaps it’s the same with all clubs). We cry and cry for squad depth, and then as soon as we have it we want to getting fucking rid of it all.

9 Likes

Again, it’s not about trust or being good enough…I merely pointed out how I felt, and that was it being too inexperienced. That’s all. Being read into a little more than it should.

And has anybody watched him play ten times? :thinking:

2 Likes

@kopstar has watched him 10 times though so I’m not sure it matters :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s about getting the squad depth in the right areas, but you always have to balance that out as well…We have to ask ourselves is it worth keeping all the midfielders we have going into next season knowing 1 or 2 may not feature hardly at all. Jones & Elliot were those players for the last 3-4 months and that’s without the signing of Fabio.