The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

You can play one of them almost every match and give everybody a proper rest.

Oxā€™s time here is done, and Milner is going to be playing even less next season. So there is value in keeping Elliott and Jones around and both will see first-team action.

That said, I do think weā€™re leaving ourselves a little light in CM - in quality if not numbers - however we seem to be doing that with a view to landing our no1 choice Bellingham in 12 months, so similar situation to Virgil. We want this one guy and arenā€™t prepared to compromise. And we all know how that turned out.

5 Likes

It was mentioned by official sources that Carvalho was signed as an attacking player.

ManƩ, Origi, Minamino out

Nunez and Carvalho in.

We might even see Harvey back in attack too.

So loaning out Curtis makes zero sense.

2 Likes

Iā€™d honestly look to sell Curtis if someone came in with a 20m+ offerā€¦he just hasnā€™t got going since his breakthrough season Imo & I donā€™t think heā€™ll ever be good enough to be an out an out starter (same category as your Solankeā€™s/Ibeā€™s)

Put the money towards Jude or maybe a right winger to cover Moā€¦maybe a right footed right wingerā€¦who was the last 1 we had? Was it Ibe?

Mane.

The inverted wingers thing is a key part of our system since Moā€™s first season though.

2 Likes

Tired Oh No GIF by Liverpool FC

8 Likes

Jones isnā€™t being sold unless he demands it - and even then, I doubt the club would cave so easily.

I could see the club loaning him out to a quality side with some clear requirements in terms of starting appearances, but again, I doubt that will be the case unless he demands it.

Heā€™s part of a long term future in the midfield, if he just keeps working at it. Iā€™m sure he knows it, too.

2 Likes

Weā€™ll see.

Donā€™t get the thinking behind people just wanting to flog off the talented youngsters we recruit and develop just because they arenā€™t world beaters at 21 or even younger. Weā€™ve been spoiled by the likes of Owen, Gerrard and Trent in that aspect but why would anyone look to move Curtis on when clearly he has the talent to play a supporting role and the potential to grow into something more.

Sure, two or three years down the line you might look at it and go he hasnā€™t kicked on so letā€™s give the next kid a go instead but heā€™ll be a big part of this squad this coming season. Sending him out on loan would be completely pointless and mean weā€™d need to buy someone to replace him.

I see this season as a big audition for him. Klopp sits him down and says ā€œMilner is off next summer, Henderson and Thiago will need more rotation to keep them fresh. Youā€™ve got a chance this season to prove youā€™re the guy moving in and taking those games. Make the place yours so the guy we do bring in next summer has to take the shirt off you first before he gets it off one of them.ā€

10 Likes

Jones made 27 appearances for a world class Liverpool side last season.

Jordon Ibe is now at Adanaspor and has played 3 minutes of senior football in the last two seasons.

sAmE cATeGoRy

3 Likes

ā€œPeopleā€ plural seems like an exaggeration :rofl:

But you canā€™t predict where Jones will be in 2-3 years time, Ibe was still at Liverpool when he was Jonesā€™ age.

Iā€™m saying from what Iā€™ve seen, heā€™s regressed & it wouldnā€™t surprise me if he was loaned or sold.

Ibe in his last season for us also played 27 odd games for usā€¦under Klopp.

In a team that was a level below where weā€™re at now

If we took Eriksen for a year or two while Bellingham progresses it would be a sensible option.

Doesnā€™t matter, weā€™re judging the individual qualityā€¦Jones is no better than Ibe was then in my opinion.

Yes it does as you need more individual talent to break into our team now than youā€™d needed back then

Jones doesnā€™t break into our team though does he?

With the addition of Carvalho heā€™s 6th in line.

I guess weā€™ll see, but I donā€™t see Carvalho and Jones as being in direct competition for a spot - with Carvalho either covering Diaz at LW or Bobby in a proposed no10 position when playing 4231. I donā€™t see him being a CM, but hey I could be wrong.

3 Likes

Around 20 matches played this season while missing a significant chunk due to a freak eye injury is more than breaking into the team

3 Likes

He played more minutes in the league cup and FA cup games than he did the PL and CL games and even then he wasnā€™t trusted to feature in the big cup games against City or Chelsea.

We need to move with the times, he hasnā€™t progressed since his breakthrough and I think Kloppā€™s noticed this hence the addition of Carvalho.

Heā€™s even been dropped from the England u21 XI.

1 Like