The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

That’s how bad we were back then. I remember him doing more pointing to where he thought his teammates should be rather than doing his own job

1 Like

I’d have to look it up, but didn’t most of his appearances come when Lucas had suffered that really bad injury that kept him out almost a whole season?

5 Likes

Can’t remember myself. Poor Lucas was t the same after that knee injury. Lost that extra bit of pace and mobility that would have made him a very effective central midfielder.

I mean we always have high hopes of lads coming through the academy (remember Ritchie partridge?). They don’t all work out like Gerrard, Owen, Fowler, Macca, TAA

2 Likes

A bit from today’s article on the Athletic about Nunez:

Ward’s watchers were also impressed by Benfica’s Rafa Silva in the process of their research on Nunez and had the right-sided attacker been a few years younger, then maybe Mohamed Salah’s future would have become a little clearer.

Instead, the Portugal international — who turned 29 in May — remains in Lisbon and Salah will form part of a Liverpool forward line next season, which will pose new questions for rivals because of a redesign.

2 Likes

Unreliable or incredible?

1 Like

Have we ever conducted all our summer business before 1st July before?

Imagine how dead it’s going to be for us having to listen to City Utd Chelsea etc get linked to every player under the sun every hour of every day until window closes.

Rats on sinking ship!

What’s not to like about watching them scramble over each trying to gouge/scratch each others eyes out in a bid to make floatation devices for 2nd 3rd and 4th places!!!

Naby and a few quid for Barella… yes fucking please.

1 Like

Salah + Naby for Barrela + Lautaro.

JK has been quoted as saying that he likes to work with a smaller group. It’s looking like Minamino, Williams and Ox will be the next ones out the door. With Sadio and Divock already gone, potentially that will be five who leave. Incomings have included Nunez, Ramsay and Fabio C thus far, making us lighter by two squad players. Not a great difference, or have I forgotten anyone?

Twitter will be going fucking mental - but then twitter always is so trying to appease them is a losing game.

Saw one account absolutely livid that Man City are “signing ready made first team players in Cucurella and Phillips while we sign teenagers”. Of course apart from the fact that you have to ignore the signing of Darwin to make that claim (although weirdly they also didn’t mention haaland)… neither Cucurella or Phillips would improve us in the slightest, so who cares what they do?

2 Likes

That makes us worse.

5 Likes

Maybe on paper, give it a few months Klopp will make it better.

Who was Salah before we signed him? Within a season at Liverpool he became a ballon d’or nominee.

Barella for me is a better player than Naby is…Naby is a floater of a player, easy on the eye…Barella is a tiggerish little animal…very good in all areas a complete midfielder should be.

Full disclosure: I didn’t click on the link. I would guess highly unreliable. But it would be good fun.

1 Like

Wasn’t our last Italian MD touted the ‘complete midfielder’ when we signed him?

1 Like

By who? His dad?

I was under the impression he had a bit of a disappointing season, but maybe that was more a reflection on Inter in general rather than him personally.

Lautaro Martinez is a good finisher and a nice player but he lacks any outstanding physical qualities that would make him a top player IMO. With more pace he’d be outstanding, but he’s not quite there.

He scored a good goal at Anfield but that was about it. Compare the problems Nunez gave our centre backs and it’s night and day.

2 Likes

I like Cucurella a lot, he seems made for Guardiola’s and Klopp’s football, though he probably needs to be more consistent in defending.

When it comes to Phillips, though, even though it makes me feel dirty, he’s a player whose injury record isn’t impeccable, yet he’d be a mainstay of both his club and country, virtually undroppable. He might suffer from fatigue in the process, which I hope for - small margins and all that.

You think Kalvin Phillips would be virtually undroppable for Manchester City? I hope you are right mate, what an incredible downgrade for them that would be.

Phillips is far more of a Rodwell than a Rodri.

5 Likes