The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Yep that is the one

1 Like

Perhaps potentially more of an AOC replacement than a Mane one as that title would go to Diaz.

He is a well rounded player who can perform as a winger or an attacking midfielder, bringing a level of stability to any side he plays on.

Initially, Otavio represented Brazil at youth level, but in March 2021 he became a Portuguese citizen and ever since has represented his adopted nation, scoring 2 goals for his country.

1 Like

Dont see too many chances on this happening though but with Ward and his preocupation with all things portugal , never know

And i will only believe it when @SixpenceNun makes the thread.

Octavio reminds me of Pipkins. I am old!

1 Like

Feels like weā€™re just being used as a name drop to encourage others to go for him.

5 Likes

Feels pretty predictable, that.

2 Likes

Yeah I donā€™t think Gini was ever an option to return.

4 Likes

No surprise that. Wrong age profile, wrong position, wrong player if we were after another one from Porto (Vitinha far better fits age profile and positional need if weā€™re only shopping in the Portuguese league).

As long as Ox is here I donā€™t see another midfielder coming in. Very much looks like West Ham, who have been tentatively linked in the press, are going after Jesse Lingard on a free which I think would shut that particular door for Ox.

I bet he wishes heā€™d never left. He might have more money, but in footballing terms, the move to PSG hasnā€™t worked out.

1 Like

I donā€™t know whether he considers losing his place in the Dutch team worth the money? There is no doubt that it is the agents aims that have been fulfilled but the clever footballers are the ones that manage to fulfill both without upsetting everything else I am certain once they all retire the fog will dissipate and they will realise they have listened to their agents far too much(mane Salah Gini etc)

6 Likes
7 Likes

Thatā€™s all the proof I need! Jude is on the way, but probably next summer.

As for the piece Henderson references, my lad pulled it up on YouTube yesterday and we watched it. Iā€™m not usually given to that sort of thing, but it was well done, and Henderson is very well regarded. Mind you, I watched it with my lad because he initiated it, and it all stokes the fire of his own growing love affair with LFC.

2 Likes

Apparently quite a reliable journo for Madrid but id still be very surprised if we were actually in for him.

5 Likes

I read some Twitter analysis of him a few weeks back and it suggested that his underlying stats were the kind that would make our transfer gurus sit up and pay attention. I remember his performances before his ACL injury, he was amazing back then and my friends and I wondered how the hell they managed to pull off that kind of signing and how he was able to break into a star-studded Real Madrid team. He never really regained his place afterwards, Real Madrid is an unforgiving place after all.

If it wasnā€™t for that ACL, Iā€™d surely have him here - heā€™s at the right age, heā€™s versatile, has plenty of big club and CL experience and probably has everything to prove. Another leftie wouldnā€™t go amiss, too, Salah doesnā€™t have natural cover and whoever comes in with regards to the right flank will think ā€œOK, heā€™ll be gone soon, I have a year to prove that I can be his successorā€.

2 Likes

Heā€™s also got a reputation of having a bad attitude. Zidane seemed to be the only person who could a tune out of him and he was mostly out of the door before ZZ came back in for the second stint.

1 Like
4 Likes