The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

He is reportedly entering the last year of his contract and refusing to negotiate a new deal with them…

2 Likes

Whens the bid going in?

It will be interesting to see what Carlo does this coming year. Camavinga was quite good last year, but not quite good enough to dislodge the old guard. And if whispers are to be believed, they didnt reach very well to his attempts to introduce him. This year, one year on and with some leverage from last year’s double, maybe he’ll feel he has more room to sit those older guys more, but that’s a move that blows up in your face at Real unless you’re ZZ. We’re likely to see a dysfunctional side full of infighting and looking for a new manager as we are to see one or both of these french lads establish themselves. Meaning, who knows what the hell their transfer targets next year will be.

As for Gernarbery, I’ll be on board if we agree to call him Chuck.

2 Likes

Feel like we’re a little short in attack with Mane, Origi, and now Taki moving on. We’ve brought in 2, but both are young and may need some time to settle, especially Fabio. We could do with an experienced player with quality to play on the right of the front 3. Gnabry may fit the bill if the money works.

Salah, Diaz, Jota, Bobby, Nunez, Fab…looks good to me. I wouldn’t complain if we landed GaaNabry, but don’t think it’s a priority

1 Like

Don’t think we’ll buy a right sided offensive player this summer.

IF Ox stays, then he’s an option for the backup of that position as well, had a few good games when Mo was in Africa.

By next summer, we’ll know more about the evolution of our team, how was Nunez’s first season, what will happen with Mo and exactly what type of player do we want there.

1 Like

Ox has been beyond poor when asked to play there though.

1 Like

The last few times, no, he was good. Small sample, maybe he doesn’t remain, but if he does, he can provide extra cover. We probably won’t need it since Mo is always fit and even when he’s not playing well, he plays all the time.

4 Likes

We’ve got both Mo and Bobby running down their contracts and you’d have to expect both will leave next summer. Hopefully Darwin and Fabio will both be amazing and hit the ground running but it would surely be prudent to look at how we can still strengthen up front. If we’re seriously interested in Bellingham next summer then it’s going to be tight financially so I do wonder if Gnabry (on a free next summer) wouldn’t be worthwhile - so unofficially laying the ground work now that we are interested.

1 Like

Asking Nunez and Fabio to replace Mane, Origi, and Taki’s production is a bit ambitious, no? We have no idea how or if Fabio will even fit in our plans this season. They are new to the squad and will need time to settle fully. I’d just love to see a right sided attacker brought in to eventually take Salah’s spot. It’s been a position of need for some time and all indications are that Salah is off after the upcoming season. Don’t get me started on midfield…we’ll need everything to go right…injuries, both CJ and Elliott to make a big step, etc. Either way I can’t wait for it to all start again!

Well technically it’s Nunez, Carvalho and Diaz.

5 Likes

I get that. But maybe the best way to pronounce his name is whatever way he pronounces it.

4 Likes

For reference and because it cracks me up:

3 Likes

Kimmich looks most serious even then.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Once upon a time in Stuttgart.

plus Rüdiger, Karius, Leno, Kehrer

3 Likes

How many clubs Gnabry had already been at!

2 Likes

I watched it all waiting for something funny to happen

2 Likes

Apparently BVB have put a 100 million price tag on Bellingham.

Weren’t we expecting that sort of figure or maybe more?

3 Likes

100 million what?

1 Like