The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Yeah. Had a so-so start, but then went to a new level under Pep, who demanded more of him and was convinced he could produce higher numbers, which he did.

1 Like

True, although itā€™s also true that Guardiola going to Man City sooner or later was the worst kept secret in football at the time.

1 Like

Is it just me, or are others thinking we should test the water with Paulo Dybala, as his contract expired with Jiventus.

I think that ship has sailed in terms of him being a decent option for us, and in any case the latest is heā€™s close to a deal with Roma.

2 Likes

Nah, I wouldnā€™t go for him.

He was linked with Inter, but they have a number of strikers/forwards now with Lautaro, Lukaku, J. Correa, Dzeko, Sanchez. Someone or some would have to leave.

Roma would make sense stylistically if Zaniolo is going somewhere, which I donā€™t think he is. But weā€™ll see where Dybala ends up.

1 Like

Water test!

:fire: him, heā€™s a :woman_mage:. He floats in :sweat_drops: and weighs the same as a :duck:.

The only thing he cared about was if he had enough gel on his hair!

2 Likes

If I remember correctly Raheem was a client of Aidy Ward (the same guy who was the agent of Bobby Duncan). And that wasnā€™t very classy either.

1 Like

Part of the problem with Sterling is we generally like our youngsters to be unassuming, and to be grateful for what they get, while we all know the scoreā€¦ many millions more will be coming and they will be set for life. Itā€™s not quite Oliver Twist - please sir, can I have some more - but we do like people, especially youngsters, to not get too big for their boots.

Sterling was well paid as a young player here, in the modest sort of professional structure we had - we look after you, but prove yourself, and then earn bigger rewards. It all seemed fine, but then as his star grew his talent level definitely got out of sync, at least towards the end, with his wage. The club tried to respond, albeit possibly a bit delayed, and in the end the player had already decided he was off.

His agent was unsavory, which added to the needle, and we all knew he was going to a better team with a better chance of trophies, so there were lots of reasons why we didnā€™t like it.

For Sterling he was going to a club for more money, with a chance to play for the biggest prizes, which we couldnā€™t offer at the time. We were happy when he came to us from QPR, so I suppose it is part of the football eco system.

Klopp came in, changed our fortunes, Sterling won stuff at City - not in Europe though, and then towards the end there he was in and out, and not indispensable for them, hence the sale.

Will he keep going at a high level in his late 20s? Or will his best years be behind him, as sometimes happens when players play a lot from a young age.

I canā€™t say good luck to him, as I didnā€™t warm to him, but it will be interesting to see how he goes. Iā€™m hoping for Tuchel to start bickering away with various people around the club and for the whole thing to be less than it might be.

3 Likes

Maybe because his only significant contribution to our cause was the goal he scored at Watford? Worth his transfer fee alone, that goal, but I genuinely spent his entire Liverpool career waiting for some significant performance. Just an average player with great looks and big hype, I only wish Lallana had had his fitness record back then.

2 Likes

Is Sterling an unreliable rumour?
Or is how good he was/how much of a cunt he was anything to do with Saka to Liverpool, or whwther or not Saka would be good enough for us?
Do people think Saka is in the same league as Sterling. I dislike that snaky fuck, but he was a decent player at Liverpool

The about Sterling that pissed me is that he created a lot of nuisance. I donā€™t recall the events anymore, but I can recall that he moaned about not having his own song/chant. :laughing:

The odd one. Suarez was professional and dedicated till the last minute he played for us.

6 Likes

Apart from that time he decided he wanted to go and play for Arsenal. Also all those times he bit people werenā€™t ideal.

2 Likes

Yes, he got a bit biteyā€¦ but he was our biter!

Suarez was such an excellent player, I can look back on that stuff and smile, the mad bastard!

2 Likes

Its a thin line between genius and madness,

In Suarezā€™s case the line was very very thin,

love him though, and wouldnā€™t have changed him

7 Likes

We still havenā€™t found someone with the same quality and grit as Suarez, he was as relentless as magical. Itā€™s one of those players you love to have and hate to play against.

Point in case, I was so happy we mugged him when we played that game against Barcelona.

5 Likes

To be honest, I donā€™t know that Iā€™ve seen anyone since who fits that. he was just such a unique player.

6 Likes

He was, such a Klopp player too, sad that the stars didnā€™t quite align on that partnership.

I guess Tevez was fairly close in style (but never as good imho)ā€¦

9 Likes

But didnā€™t get his wish and went on to produce one of the greatest seasons of any player in a red shirt ever

3 Likes

I meant in terms of ability. Iā€™m sure he would prefer a move to Newcastle or somewhere like that where he would be the main man. For us I think heā€™d be a very good secondary man.