The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Last post on Suarez for me in this thread as not to derail. To me, him labeling the club betraying him by not allowing him to leave after promising him which the club said there was never such. All these after we backed him through his racism and biting rows. One of the best players ever to play for us but to make my point, if I have to choose between say Lucas vs Suarez as a legend for us, Lucas will be for me.

Ok let’s move on to rumors yes! Have Ronaldo signed for us yet?

1 Like

Probably because many, myself included, would prefer to forget that Can ever donned the glorious Red.

Emre Can forget?
Forget Emre Can?
Can forget Emre?

Easy enough!

1 Like

7 Likes

Oye!! Stop talking about our ex players, how good they were and aligning the stars so that they could play under Klopp!!!

But since you are stoking a wet mans dream, here is the team I would love to see play under Klopp (excluding players who are still playing in the league):

Front 3 out of: Suarez/Aguero/Torres/Tevez
Midfield 3: Gerrard/Alonso/Mascherano
Def 4: Who the fcuk cares? We could play the legendary Djimi Traore as CB and he would win the Ballon d’Or. Although seriously I would have Hyppia and Dagger in there.
Gk: Caroline the tea lady to keep the defense awake and hydrated for 90 minutes.

Big Sean Omg GIF

5 Likes

Would we try to do a deal? Definitely not 20mil but something like Elliot- Carvalho fee would probably reflect the level.

I would definitely be interested, and even at £20m.

He’s the kind of player we’ll be trying to buy from Dortmund for 80m in two years time.

Sadly, I think the key factor in this is Ox, who is now nursing a Hammy and unlikely to move this window.

2 Likes

Given how highly rated he appears to be, i dont think that would be a blocker here. Might be used as justification if we dont go for him though.

I’d pay 20m for him, he’s incredible.

1 Like

Wrong thread?

Ah sorry. Not sure how to move/delete it

Yeah, and he said himself that had he known that Kloppo would join a bit later, he’d have stayed. He isn’t a snake, just a footballer who wants to play at the best possible stage. LFC weren’t able to offer him this when he left us.

(The above comes from the head. The heart say: he’s still a freaking snake because he chose Abu Dhabi’s money over Anfield and the sheer passion around it… he chose a small-time club with a lot of money over a historically big club on the verge of becoming much better… not that he’ll care though… grumble mumble…)

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s too easy a narrative to make, but there’s a sense in which Dortmund will snap him up to fill a Bellingham shaped hole, rinse repeat, and sell on for a big profit in 3 years time.

It is their specialty. Competitive football at the upper end of the BL. CL football. Decent wages.

We should get in there for him now. Save ourselves £50M+ in doing the deal now rather than later.

The big thing at that point is what would we do with him? I don’t think we can offer him the sort of minutes that would see him grow like he would at Dortmund. So therein lies the problem. It is well known for players of this ilk that Dortmund are a great stepping stone. We are not in that place.

Buy him, and work out a great loan for him, and we could mitigate some of that. Then again, potentially we could be saying to Dortmund, play nice with us over Bellingham, and you can get a free run at Chuck.

If the stattos at Anfield have determined the potential ceiling is very high, I hope we buy him and have a plan for how he develops. Bellingham. Chuck. Elliott. Carvalho. Jones. It’s the new generation, supplemented by 2-3 of the old guard we have, steering them along until eventually being replaced.

2 Likes

Ox to WH could be a good one. Doubt they’d want him while crocked (again) and we can expect a low ball offer, but if he wants a new challenge, it’s doubtful we’d stand in his way.
Surely the Antony talk is just an attempt to raise his price.

1 Like

Till he munched on the Italian because he knew it forced our hand into selling him.

The club were already in the process of selling him, with Barca and Real Madrid in a bidding war for him.

its an interesting take on it to say the least.

as loyal as Lucas was/is…its a pretty extended arm you thgrow out to him…

as much as we love players to be fans first, they arent…its just a tranaction and transaction works both ways…they are paid to play for us for a period of time…its a football club and as a football club the idea is to win games.

at its very basic core, we overate having to like players who play for us, or overate their loyalty/wantaway…

its a fine line though i do admit…i mean, on some level you have to like the person as well…its why some of my ALLTIME favorites include the likes of Mane and Aldridge, and Michael Owen doesnt even register a thought in the process

i suppose what im trying to say is …‘you should stick to art work’

2 Likes

Can I somewhat redact your post please?

Lucas was reasonable, Suarez was a genius with a tiny attitude problem.

The word tiny is not doing much lifting there.

1 Like

If you choose Lucas you might end up being….

GIF by Liverpool FC

1 Like