The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Suarez was arguably the best player Liverpool have ever had. Lucas seemed a great guy but wouldn’t get a seat on the bench in our current squad. Hilarious to compare them.

7 Likes

But the bite sealed the move definitely. Stevie G is quoted saying the exact same thing.

Untitled

I guess I choose Lucas as an extreme to make my point, not that Lucas was my favourite player. To me, its one thing to be an extremely talented player like Suarez was for us. But its another thing to be a good player and respectful of the fans and the club. Suarez was not just having an attitude problem, not just being an aggressive and passionate player. He labelled the club going back on our promises and make it as if we had betrayed him after that we have done to support him during his ridiculous episodes, I think that is more than enough to not ever welcome him back at the club again. Its a ‘thanks for your great service, but no thanks to seeing you again.’ but for many “lucases” out there who might be mediocre compared to Suarez, they respected the fans and club alot more than Suarez ever did.

Ok now I am getting inspired to do more art…

8 Likes

Luis Suarez was brilliant in 13-14. Best player we ever had? Not a fucking chance. No longevity and he won fuck all. Sure he entertained and scored some beautiful goals but that 13-14 team was setup completely for that to the exclusion of winning stuff.

1 Like

I had typed out a long post on this but I deleted it because I cant be arsed getting into a debate about it.

What I will say is that I have a much bigger soft spot for Lucas than I do for Suarez.

4 Likes

I did state ‘arguably’, and referring to football technique/genius alone. Stand by that. Personally, he’s the best footballer I’ve seen play live…from Liverpool or any other club.

Anyway, are we signing him? Or why’s he being discussed here?

2 Likes

so what your saying is you go soft for lucas, but stay hard for Suarez?

1 Like

sex appeal flirting GIF

1 Like

Not seen any rumours linking us to Suarez or Lucas this summer.

Perhaps this chat is better taken over to the Ex-players thread..

4 Likes

No way :laughing:. Derailing the threads is a time-honored tradition here :blush:

3 Likes

To be honest we could probably have closed the entire rumour mill section in early June, as we finished our business already for the summer and there isn’t much else to discuss in terms of incomings. There’ve been some outgoings, I guess.

But anyway, I don’t think a bit of derailment in here matters much at this point of the summer.

1 Like

I swear @RER just makes all his stats up.

1 Like

At least 87% of them.

1 Like

bromance GIF

2 Likes

It might have removed any lingering doubt of those at the club that he should be allowed to leave, but they already had an agreement (and new clause in contract?) with the player that he could move (an outcome of the dispute from the previous summer) and two bids on the table of around £80m+. All the bite did was put those offers in jeapardy. Real Madrid pulled out, and Barca cut their offer but could have also walked away.

2 Likes

Aidy Ward didn’t represent Bobby Duncan, that was Saif Rubie, who ended up getting banned.

4 Likes

Suarez is the best player I’ve seen play in the flesh.

It doesn’t mean he was the best ever player (I’ve seen Messi and Ronaldo but they were both a bit shit that day). But that day he controlled the game and just dominated.

However we’ve moved on, I would be open to perhaps Gini returning on a loan but even that I’d be suspect of, we’ve moved on we are a totally different side.

2 Likes

so we signing anyone else or just reminiscing over players from years ago?

Next signing will be Bellingham next summer. That’s the only unreliable rumour.

It’s only going be sales out, unless a player drops a bombshell, I do feel the players respect Klopp enough to say that at the start of the window.

I also don’t think there is anyone who would request a leave in the main stay of the team. So bar the likes of Kelleher perhaps and maybe Ox and some of the emerging youngsters I think thats it.

1 Like