The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

WWKD?
WWUTKTD(What Would Ulla Tell Klopp To Do?)

4 Likes

Think we’re done with new signings in this window.

If not - january is not too far away.

Maybe will will go for Upamecano next summer.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLcmtBA-W_s

Yeah I think we will try and get rid of a few and save the cash to pick up in January if needed.

I think that would only change if we got a long term injury at CB.

1 Like

kabak just spit on an opponent a couple hours ago

we know…

Doing all he can to lower that fee for us. Smart lad.

5 Likes

Mr Saurez approved this messge.

Spitting aside,from what i’ve watched of him this season Kabak is championship level at best atm,i wouldn’t take him on a free transfer after seeing his piss poor tackling,bad positional play and lack of game intelligence,to get sent off with his team shipping in 11 goals in the last 2 games,doesn’t give me confidence in his ability to play in our back 4.

Maybe the German guys or Bundesliga fans on here have a better knowledge of him and could give a better opinion than me but i’m just not seeing a CB anywhere near good enough to play for LFC,whenever i’ve watched him lately.

3 Likes

If at all we are in for a CB i would go for Dayot Upamecano - 21 years from BundesLiga. Quite solid, young and quick. Exactly the kind of CB’s Klopp likes. But you new never know. Klopp and Edwards can pull a quick elephant out of the hat for our CB :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The issue is not what we would do. It’s strictly down to the model LFC involves. Is Colly at 28 any better than big D. Has he got a move on market. Then of course we’re assuming at 28 he is prepared to sit on the bench, which he probably isn’t. So overall probably not worth spending the 10 million.

1 Like

Kabak has the physical tools to make him a top centre back, but we don’t know what his mindset and temperament and football IQ is like. His speed is what makes him attractive to us and I’m sure if we get him its more a development thing than a plug and play thing.
His form right now is abysmal.

Unless a long term injury happens to Matip or Gomez, I do not see us buying either Colley or Kabak or any senior CB for that matter this window. Its just not someone we need to buy now. We might want to replace Matip eventually, we might want to get a very good challenger to Gomez as the long term partner of VVD, but considering the situation now, its not a position we have to definitely reinforce this window. I think Matip might move on next season or two and maybe next year, we will invest in a major purchase of a CB.

Do we buy it?

1 Like

Have we been reliably linked to him?

Aside from the spitting it seems he has had a nightmare start to this season. I have only seen highlights but he looks rash as fuck to me - like a mini Skrtel (not a compliment).

2 Likes

Give him the benefit of the doubt I guess

Flying from Liverpool to Wolverhampton seems extravagant :wink:

6 Likes

Watching the clip, it’s so unlikely an excuse that I’m kind of inclined to believe him.
Is there only the one angle?

No idea and I’ve only watched it on my phone so wouldn’t be able to say hand on heart where it seems he is looking when he does it even from that angle.

It’s weird, it definitely seems like he’s looking right at him but it almost seems like he’s just spitting unconsciously. There doesn’t seem like a proper attempt no exaggerated hawking back and aggression in it. Only he knows if it’s accidental I guess but doesn’t look good.