Absolutely. Heās not all upside, but thereās a lot about him I like. Heās been in the captainās group at Barca for some time despite being in and out of the team. Like you say, a warrior, strong and aggressive, plays with all the passion. Yes, sometimes too much, but fundamentally heās a guy Iām rooting for and a good player.
Ronald AraĆŗjo has reached a recorded top speed of 34.9 km/h (21.7 mph) during matches. Despite standing tall at 1.92 meters (6 feet 4 inches), the FC Barcelona center-back is known for his exceptional recovery pace, athleticism, and explosive speed in defensive duels
Ronald AraĆŗjo and Virgil van Dijk share an identical recorded top speed of 34.9 km/h (21.7 mph) , making them two of the fastest elite center-backs in world football
I tend to prefer more calm CBs but maybe we even need a bit more passion in the sides and he“s physically very capable. I think he“s not much of a downgrade on Konate tbh
@LondonRich He“s very qiuick for a CB. Even for a RB he“s got good sprint speed when he gets going. Acceleration less so of course with his height.
Agree, if we think about him as a Konate replacement the similarities are probably that both are quite physically dominant. I think Araujo is a better ball player.
I canāt say I know anything about him but itās nice to have another option at center back and if he can cover right back as well even better. One problem position for this season has more depth at least.
I donāt think I called him mental. If I did, thatās probably a bit much, yes.
Iāve watched Barca quite regularly over the years, and as I wrote elsewhere, I like him quite a lot. I do think he has that all or nothing tendency about him, which sometimes goes wrong. But thatās also part of what makes him good, and easy to root for.
If he was still the player people thought he might be 3 years ago he wouldnāt be availble for loan now. Make no mistake heās had a thought couple of years. But there is a player in there. Iād prefer less of a gamble, but itās in the territory of the sort of option weāve all been say8ng we need