THIAGO Alcantara: 2023/24

He reminds me off Jari Litmanen, fantastic footballer but always injured.

1 Like

IMG_1790

Thiagos Liverpool career.

I doubt we will see him again.

Such a shame the injuries to this guy…
How much longer before the stats begin to read he was/is a poor value for money transfer -
Be tragic if they ever reached into the Keita range though, such a gifted guy could do without that comparison hanging around his neck. As things stand, not too sure he would be offered a further contract extension.

Why? Not like Keïta isn’t gifted either. One of them has already done much more to help us win titles than the other.

1 Like

Why?

He will be imperious in the run in, when we win the title. Loads of supporters calling for another contract when that happens.

1 Like

Yeah- about that. We won’t be allowed to win it, even though we’re the best team.

1 Like

Thiago was unbelievable in 21/22, though it rarely gets spoken about now. He was also instrumental at the end of 20/21 in getting us to qualify for the CL. We were one Rodri handball away from winning the league in 21/22.

Maybe it’s easier to appreciate for some now that they’ve both gone but Thiago was miles ahead of Henderson and Fabinho. It was the single best season by one of our midfielders since Gerrard was here, or back to Alonso 08/09.

Without Thiago, we come nowhere near having the season we did. Keita also had an excellent year too, his best here, but still a couple of levels below Thiago.

6 Likes

At the end of the day, he will be filed under “what could have been if it hadn’t been for injuries” column… Alongside Sturridge, Lallana, Kewell and quite a few other supremely talented Liverpool players who made me want to watch football.

It’s really sad that the first thing I think of when someone mentions him is the image of him sitting in tears after getting injured in the warm-up to League Cup final in 2022. His ability and his character really deserved more than that.

6 Likes

Will we see him play again?

see you again GIF

I doubt we’ll see him in a red shirt again.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1720380327787405618

New year…

2 Likes

To save everyone clicking on the link, per Klopp:

“Thiago, slightly different. It’s an ongoing thing, and we can’t put any pressure. We expect him back start of the New Year. Can’t wait to have him back.”

Yep translation is Alcantara is ready to be scrapped.

2 Likes

We could have odds and bets on what will happen first; Anfield Road stand fully completed or Thiago back.

:joy:

I dont think he is anything like the natural athlete Dom is so be weary of comparisons, but what Stef is going through sounds a lot like the injury Dom had at the time he moved to Germany and saw him miss 3/4 of a season

2 Likes

Four and a half months left on his contract to help us getting to the League Cup final and winning the FA Cup.

1 Like

I hope so. He’s been vital for Liverpool when he is fit. A shame that we never got to see him fit more often. And from all accounts, he seems a really nice guy

5 Likes

And what of the Europa and league?!

Unless three midfielders get injured I’m not expecting Thiago to get many starts anymore.

Others have been too good to be benched even if he returns.

Our midfield hasn’t been as energetic since the we won the league. Collectively it probably is working better than it ever did since Thiago came in.

So why change it up?

1 Like