THIAGO Alcantara: 2023/24

Let’s not criticise the lad for being injured. It isn’t his fault he can’t catch a break. Professional footballers at Thiago’s level do want to play football.

His injury record is awful, but if he can be back in training in February, and fully integrated in March, he could be the difference maker as we reach the business end of the season.

Then we can shake hand in summer, and the club can look to build again with his wages off the books.

7 Likes

You come off as positive and fair towards him as @Dutch does with most Dutch players and Ajax. I get that his injuries are frustating and that he played for Bayern, but his class and ability are unquestionable.

It’d be a big boost to our chances if he were to return to full fitness.

7 Likes

no time like the present…

1 Like

Hate Bayern but that was least of my problems with his signing tbh.

World class player but past his prime when he came in. Still not a deal breaker for me.

He was never the type of midfielder we needed but people said he’s going to transform our midfield. He transformed shit. Our midfield press died with his arrival.

His body was done like 8 years ago. Was never going to work out in England and I’ve always warned about that.

Performances for us overhyped.

Flop in my book.

1 Like

So Thiago is to blame for our performances in pressing not the other players or a change in tactics, even though he has been top in tackles etc when played?

Also the season where we got close to the quad, Thiago did nothing?

Last season still one of better midfielders until his injury.

He would be a revelation playing alongside our current midfielders, including Trent, as all are better ball playing midfielders that our previous ones.

You have and are blinkered against Thiago and have a go everytime you can and I can’t remember any praise.

I can’t wait to see his new man bun… he had a shaved head last time he played for us :0)

Yep I’ve also written Thaigo off. It’s a shame as I really like him as a player on and off the pitch but his body just lets him.down. Perhaps he will be fit for us and get useful minutes this season but at this point I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not. @Mascot is right, we will say goodbye to him in the summer and hopefully his wages can allow us to strengthen.

1 Like

I’ve also written him off but I’m hoping he can give some positive contribution at the tail end of the season. Very few players who can control and ping pass the ball like he does - magnificent to watch at times.

2 Likes

Not enough contributions to the team in terms of playing time, but nothing bad could be said if him, respectful to the club and the fans. Gave his best when he played. Hope he can get a chance to play some matches as a send off

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/BackseatsmanLFC/status/1750139848428540326

Finally found @GermanRed’s Twitter account!

1 Like

Thiago coming back will mean our 2nd choice midfield jumps in several classes in terms of quality.

First Choice : Jones-Macca-Szoboszlai
2nd Choice : Thiago-Endo-Elliott

Those 2 midfield lineups are good enough to win quite a fair bit of silverware especially Europa League.

1 Like

I do think Thiago if totally fit starts for the first XI.

I’m still hoping for the midfield of Thiago , Mac , Dom trio even if it means Mac is still playing the deeper role.

Thiago’s ability to pick the right pass is awesome , plus his press resistant play.

FA Cup against non PL sides, dead rubbers at the end of the season and maybe second legs in the EL if we have a good result in the first leg is where is see Thiago getting a start.

He’s outdated and doesn’t deserve to start ahead of Jones, Szoboszlai or Elliott and probably not even Gravenberch because he is here for the future.

2 Likes

jumpsuit GIF by JOMPER

I prefer this one.

‘Eriksen recovered from dying quicker than Thiago has from hip surgery.’

It’s hard to know whether to laugh or cry.

I have to say I keep returning to that statement :see_no_evil:

Masterclass. :sunglasses:

Will just have to enjoy the final few months of Klopp and Thiago here.

:pensive:

9 Likes

dont get excited
dont get excited
dont get exicted

OMG he’s back :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

That last one is brilliant

1 Like