THIAGO Alcantara: 2023/24

The one good thing about the loss at the Emirates was seeing him back. I think it’s time to close the book on this one now.

Shocked Euro 2016 GIF by Sporza

Jack says hi

Gini :muscle:

11 Likes

Exactly
Why would “the greatest fans on the world” turn on a player whose recent career has been destroyed by injuries? Its not very Liverpool is it? Complain about someone stealing a living, as if he has a choice in the matter.
I feel very sad that a class footballer is subjected to a horrible final chapter of his career.
YNWA.Thiago, like Litmanen, your true value was never fully realised.

7 Likes

Do you know if this is to do with games missed due to injury, or just games missed due to selection?

Yeah wondering same - do several of those Salah matches represent AFCON?

1 Like

This sort of posts are among the most annoying things in this forum. I get the frustration but acting like a prick about it doesn’t help with anything.

1 Like

The 2021-22 oh so close season shows what could have been. Even there, he played in the CL final with no feeling in his toes after the injection. Definitely impacted his performance.

Good player when fit,but now he seems to get injured getting out of bed.
Sadly,time to move on,it seems!

Totally agree with you.

I think what also mustn’t be forgotten is that the club were aware of his injury record when they signed him and would have known that it could get worse due to age/ further wear and tear but made a conscious effort to bring him in anyway. His performances over the last few seasons have probably done just enough to justify the signing. His not playing but picking up a pay cheque this season is just a cost of having him for those years.

Misunderstanding, we misread each others posts…

Following a recent discussion with a forum member, I am in an enlightened place:

Therefore I wish you peace and love, forever.

To everyone

No, you’ve misunderstood me. I was agreeing with you about the “stealing a living” comment. That’s the sort of posts I meant not yours.

I should have phrased it better.

2 Likes

I’d disagree with this. I think it’s clear, in retrospect, that he has been a poor signing. Of course these will always happen and I’m not saying anyone is to blame and on the training ground and beyond it sounds like he’s been a model professional; it’s just a disappointing situation all round.

1 Like

Who is the guru!? Share the love and peace :laughing:

1 Like

One cannot reveal the hearts most precious secrets…

It was @SBYM! You dirty bastard… :rofl:

Incorrect!

But no harm in guessing.

I am the path to depravity, not enlightenment.

True enlightenment is understanding that depravity is the way

There are interesting moments when our thoughts coincide.
Depravity is the path.