THIAGO Alcantara: 2023/24

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Different opinions. I think Thiago did really well in the first two seasons. Played around 30 games or more in that period which is what’s expected from his injury output, and was a key player in the almost near perfect 2021-22 season.

3 Likes

Wasn’t there a point when he was being overplayed and I don’t think we’ve really seen him since.

I don’t think he was a bad signing and he has shown in periods why we bought him I just don’t think he is entirely suited to the intensity of here.

1 Like

He was an absolute joy to watch, and not just in his Brazilian flair but his British combativeness. That all made him a key performer in one of the best sides we’ve ever had. It was never going to be a long run thing given the age at which we signed him, but by god it was good when it was good. Like much of this group, his time will end with far fewer trophies than it deserved, but the journey they took us on was amazing.

6 Likes

Sick Mohawk Girls GIF by CBC

That gif looks like the start of a BDSM scene

confused smackdown live GIF by WWE

1 Like

Klopp not sure if he’ll play again this season.

:exploding_head:

I thought Klopp stopped playing ages ago.

2 Likes

Yeah but injury crisis innit.

https://x.com/BassTunedToRed/status/1788578824159957487

LOL…no shade on @GermanRed intended, but more just laughing about this “boost”

From a financial perspective, one of the worst signings alongside Keita in recent times.

But from the playing perspective, what a pity we don’t see more of a world class player and importantly, a player who has always been respectful of the fans and this great club.

3 Likes

Another reminder that Liverpool shouldn’t buy world class players - there’s a curse and we should make them instead.

VVD and Alisson were world class when they came to Liverpool.

1 Like

They were great but I don’t think they were world class prior to joining us. At Liverpool, they became arguably the best players in their respective positions in the world. Alcantara was already amazing and proven at every level, especially the Champions League.

1 Like

Yeah , A point can be made that we risk buying people who’ve already peaked when going for people like Thiago.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I was all for signing him. I didn’t expect he’d be that susceptible to injuries, though… But he was a magnificently talented player and I loved how he behaved around his teammates, he seemed like a proper friend to all of them. It’s a crying shame that his Liverpool career turned out this way, we seem to have more of such massively talented but injury-cursed players than any other rival club. Lallana, Sturridge, Keita, him…

1 Like

Had he played this season a fair bit , His overall time at Liverpool could be termed as a success.

1 Like

Thiago just peaked with his performances when Bayern won the CL in 2020. Of course, it was impossible to know at the time how much he has left, coming to a more intense team and league. We very rarely buy top players from other top clubs in their best age. Not every transfer at a big club will have incredible sense in terms of finances. At such places, success is what makes it worthwile at the end of the day. It’s something we’re not used to. I pray for the days when we’ll be able to get a “Thiago” (maybe not necessarily him, as he always struggled to play lots of games, his Liverpool time proved nothing new) from a “Bayern” a bit earlier in their careers. Not every transfer needs to be of that profile, it cannot be. But plain simple, it does increase chances of success.

1 Like