Which CB do you want?

Any decent scouting reports you could link?

Read one a while back via twitter that was trying to identify next up and coming CBs that fit us which is where I got the suggestion from. Will try to find it.

2 Likes

I want Upamecano, Konate, Davies, Car, Kabak, Botman, Schuurs, Militao, Umtiti in the next couple of hours.

Chop chop Mikey.

8 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

We all dream of a team of centre halves
A team of centre halves
A team of centre halves…

2 Likes

Will be exciting to see us build a Upamecano, Car defence…

2 Likes

Can’t find it anymore.

Ah well. It sounds like it’s going to be Kabak in any case!

1 Like

No, that’s just cover for Phillips.

3 Likes

Just a thought. Some of the links (Kabak) are RCBs) some LCBs (Carmo/Caleta-Car). We offered money for Caleta-Car and Carmo but Kabak is just on loan… we aren’t bringing in 3 CBs are we? Cheap Davies for back up, loan Kabak (to see how his attitude is before committing to him long term) for RCB and expensive/ish Promising LCB in Carmo/Caleta-Car/Botman?

2 Likes

was thinking the same

1 Like

80S Mind Blown GIF

1 Like

I think that Kabak is definitely try-before-you-buy type of deal and if he does well, I think he’ll be that shiny new centre back in the summer. If he does not, I imagine that Edwards will commit the funds for some other CB, maybe one of those already linked, providing the team qualifies for Champions League.

3 Likes

I’m warming a bit to Kabak. I love the fact it’s a loan, as opposed to a purchase. He will be on his best behavior and eager to impress.

Im beginning to wonder if we aren’t working on bringing 3 players in, agreeing with @AnfieldRdDreamer line of thinking.

2 Likes
9 Likes

If we bring the 3 in I’m not even sure it’ll create too many here too.

Scenario 1 All 3 do well and Gomez and VvD are back ready for the new season so we loan or move on Davies for an instant profit and let Matip move on.

Scenario 2 Kabak doesn’t convince. Keep Davies or Matip and Kabak returns to Schalke.

Scenario 3 Davies and Kabak don’t convince we keep Matip.

Scenario 4 Don’t want to keep Matip, Kabak or Davies for next season then we use the Kabak money and any Matip funds to go into market for whatever top target we initially wanted.

Scenario 5 Gomez and/or VvD don’t come back smoothly/straight away. We still have Kabak and the other new guy being a partnership whilst Matip and/or Davies offer back up.

1 Like
1 Like

Is go with Botman because I’ve seen him play and like his quality.

The rest I haven’t a scooby about, what’s Kabak been like since Gross came in?

2 Likes

My apologies if this has been discussed regarding investment, but IMO it sure looks like we have room for one more.

£2M for Davies
£2.5M (reported) loan fee for Kabak.

That’s REALLY shrewd and sound business for 2 new center halves and leaves quite a bit of financial flexibility to make one more (permanent) deal.

2 Likes

Davies 500k with 1.5m in appearances and so on, if he plays as much as some think here we won’t be paying more than 1m.

It’s deals that can’t be done before the last days of the window to be fair.

1 Like