Which CF do you want?

Hard to believe Bale had 11 league goals, despite lack of starts?

6 Likes

Barca formerly produced a lot of talented players, which ended up playing for them. Now, they have broken everything up, but they were renowned and highly respected for it. It culminated with their CL-winning team under Guardiola, which had no less than seven (or was it even eight?) of their starting players in the final developed at La Masia. An incredible club achievement, in my book one of the very best in football history.

That’s certainly something to look up to.

4 Likes

And Man Utd’s Beckham generation that made our Alan Hansen’s prediction failed flat.

The state of Abraham putting the diamond earrings in for trophy lift the other night, and no contribution to the win. I might be petty but it put me off him completely

2 Likes

Really? Football fans can really be quite precious and pretentious over how footballers look and what cultural looks they go for. I like diversity myself but it’s not even like it was anything that extreme.

2 Likes

i think we have enough want to be rappers in our squad as it is, no? :wink: :rofl:

1 out (Gini) 1 in?

1 Like

Hatrick on the last day and 3 x braces boosted that figure. Actually only scored in 6 fixtures.

2 Likes

Do we have any? And whats wrong with footballers being into that look? Is it better if they spend more money on Armani suits, Rolex watches and Bentley cars? Is that kind of flashy more socially acceptable because its considered “classy”? I’m sick to death of this portrayal of “look like this good and classy, look like that trashy and unprofessional” bullshit that infects football. Train hard, act professionally, play your best, your look and culture are your own. The more unique and colourful players in the sport the better. For one it shows to kids that they don’t have to reinvent themselves to be able to dream of being included, representation matters.

4 Likes

Yeah if he’d got into one of those I’d say the same. Like I said it’s a petty thing, but not sure how you’ve pivoted his earrings into a preach about diversity, culture and class

1 Like

Do you say anything bad over Milners image over the car choices he has? I say it because it always happens. If black athletes don’t conform to the image that is considered “acceptable” (usually a very specific cultural image) you get all kinds of shit about their professionalism etc.!

1 Like

I suspect he usually takes his studs out pre-game (not allowed any jewellery on when playing), and given he wasn’t even on the bench, he just didn’t take them out at all.

Anyway - what a player wants to wear shouldn’t make a difference to us, unless he is wearing a T-shirt with a political statement.

Personally, as a bloke, you’d definitely never see me with my ears pierced.

4 Likes

If we get a CF who can score against dirty ultra defensive teams, I don’t care if he wears a pink tutu and false eyelashes

7 Likes

During the game, don’t think that’s allowed :upside_down_face:

I’d no idea that diamond earrings are more common for black people (and cars for white people) or whatever weird point you’re trying to make. Just thought it was a bit much for a game he didn’t play…like Terry being a full kit wanker.

Prob more an age thing on my part and happy to retract

1 Like

I don’t get the obsession with Abraham though.

He’s a decent player, nothing special. At 40 million it would be a ‘solid’ signing at best. He doesn’t have all that much to his game and he’s not going to be a long term starter for a top club.

Much prefer Raphinha, or even a punt on Daka if the price is cheap enough. Think the money it’d cost us to buy Abraham could be put to better use.

11 Likes

Abraham is a proven goalscorer in the PL. That is something valuable.

Ok, a red tutu then

1 Like

His goal record is decent, sure. Is it good enough for a player that offers little else? Probably not, no.

Not saying he wouldn’t be at all useful, but for 40 million there are many better footballers out there than Tammy Abraham.

Well, others have put up stats, graphs and charts, but finding someone with his goalscoring rate is not easy.