Which CF do you want?

Danny Ings is one, he didn’t cut it here. Patrick Bamford is another, doubt he’d get many minutes either.

If he was putting up Aguero like numbers, fair enough. But he’s not even close.

1 Like

Too small a sample size, but even then -

Mins per goal
20/21
Abraham 172
Aguero 140

19/20
Abraham 148
Aguero 91

18/19
Aguero 118

17/18
Aguero 94

Being a pure goalscorer for a top side is good enough if you can stick up those kinds of numbers. Abraham wouldn’t.

1 Like

I’d rather not fill Chelsea’s pocket with £40mill+ to sign Tammy,not only is he just an out and out striker and not a real fit for our team,it would only increase the chances of them being able to buy Haaland or a simliar top level forward and strengthen them.

If the transfer fee’s are to be believed and are true,then i’d much prefer to take that £40mill+ and add the sales of say Shaqiri,Origi and Awoniyi to get both Daka and Raphinha,covering all 3 forward and attacking midfield positions and giving squad depth for almost he same outlay of Abrahams.

1 Like

Does Raphina count in this list? Somehow i would like to think we should try and go for Johnathan Ikone or give Eduoard another ring and see if we can get Raphina and one of them into the team

Aguero has the best minute per goal rate in PL history, so bit unfair to use him as a comparator. I do agree though that we can do better than Tammy. Can’t see him getting more games for us than he’s currently getting for Chelsea

1 Like

Not bothered about that, the Villa thing does stick and I know it’s some years ago but it’s kind of why I’m suspect of Bamford too.

Are these anomalies in seasons or were they, Abraham has the caveat that he is still developing I suppose, at times he looked very one dimensional.

It’s why his break out season at Chelsea raised eyebrows for me as I saw a very limited forward in the Championship, Mount was always the player I thought would go on and do more.

1 Like

going off our playing style, Haaland is the obvious choice. Mbappe also there. However, being realistic…

I’d be looking at:

Heung Min Son - Spurs (rather have him than Kane)
Lautaro Martinez - Inter
Rafael Leao - AC Milan ( there is a legal suit involving this player’s departure from Sporting CP)

3 different types of strikers.

here’s a question, would you take Lukaku off Inter?

Sancho as well. He can play both left, right, and CAM as well, although mainly playing on the right. He is a tad cheaper than Haaland and Mbappe, both of whom are above £100m. The problem is, Man Utd most likely will sign him unless we actually intervene. This is the choice if we want someone who can actually compete with Salah.

Alternatively, I would want to use youth system player, more specifically Elliott, to cover Salah. If Klopp wants to buy less, he has to use the youth system more.

not worried about Mo quite yet. he’s been a fantastic player for us and I don’t see him leaving anytime soon.

but an understudy for Bobby has yet to be found. I think Lautaro Martinez could be that guy. he pops up in really good positions from what I’ve seen, and we could probably pick him off the financially struggling Inter for a good nick?

I think the problem with a tradition #9 type with us has a lot more to do with how Klopp wants to press and set up when we don’t have the ball than how he would function in our attack. Having that size dimension with the crossing ability we have certainly makes for an interesting plan b, but it would take the bite out of our press - meaning that player would only even be a plan b sub against pack in the defense type teams. Hard to invest much in an option like that at which point an aging 1-dimension player like Giroud might actually be the pick if he was OK with very limited minutes (i.e. thrown on in desperate lump ball situations instead of bringing Alison into the opponents box).

Some traditional 9’s are quite capable of pressing…wasn’t Lewandowski one?

8 Likes

Certainly - but just body type wise the large physical presence types are rarely as quick, mobile, and effective in change direction and pressing.

Yeah I think too many are getting caught up on how Klopp sets up to maximise Firmino and then thinking that’s the only way we can do it.

2 Likes

We had quite a good one many years ago.

Welsh lad; tache; can’t remember his name.

10 Likes

Craig Bellamy

9 Likes

Yes, Rush was going to be my first example to pick but I thought Lewy would be easier to offer as a comparison as he is more recent and played for Klopp

2 Likes

Nah, bellamy never had a tache.

He means Toshack

4 Likes

i manage to tick 2 out of those 3 boxes, worth a punt?

6 Likes

I just remembered who I’d take a cheeky bid at - Calvert-Lewin

1 Like