Which CF do you want?

Thank fuck you’re not in charge.

9 Likes
6 Likes

Mods, do we still have the Hall of Shame thread? :wink:

2 Likes

thank fuck you don’t get my sense of humor.

2 Likes

@kopstar he’s definitely quick on his feet and with his mind. turns really well with the ball and has good balance/body position. knows what he wants to do with the ball before he gets it.

if we didn’t have Jota, I’d be shouting from the mountaintops. But I’m concerned about our lack of size up front already, he wouldn’t be helping that situation.

looking at some of those highlights again though, just love how he is able to beat a man off the dribble and create

2 Likes

seriously mate. go have a VB, it’s about the only bitter we’ll be having anytime soon :laughing:

2 Likes

Sure, but doesn’t he remind you of someone? Just six years younger.

1 Like

there’s a couple players his style emulates. Ronaldinho for one. Coutinho wasn’t as aggressive from the limited amount I have seen from Lautaro, although the Inter games I have seen him play, he was a key member of their attack. Iniesta. Flair playmakers.

I was hinting at Firmino.

1 Like

that’s just a bridge too far my friend :laughing:. would definitely agree with you, does tick a lot of Bobby’s traits, for sure!

1 Like

He reminds of Aguero. Definitely likes that bottom corner to score. But a cross between Bobby and Aguero isn’t a bad thing is it

Yep Aguero is my comp with him too.

I’m only really interested in versatile forwards. Can’t claim to be an expert on most of these but on paper these guys look like our kind of player in that they are quite balanced in their output in terms of goals and assists (not overly reliant on one part their game) and they play multiple positions. Spain didn’t really have anyone on the young side with the profile I was looking for without being ridiculously expensive (Joao Felix)

England

• Raphinha, Leeds - 24 y/o - LW/RW: 30 games / 6 goals / 9 assists
  • Matheus Pereira, West Brom - 25 y/o - RW/AM/LW: 33 games / 11 goals / 6 assists
  • Bertrand Traore, Aston Villa - 25 y/o - RW/CF/LW: 36 games / 7 goals / 7 assists
  • Emi Buendia, Norwich City, 24 y/o, RW/AM/LW: 39 games / 15 goals / 17 assists
  • Ismaila Sarr, Watford, 23 y/o, RW/CF/LW: 39 games / 13 goals / 10 assists
  • Michael Olise, QPR, 19 y/o, AM/RW: 44 games / 7 goals / 12 assists

France

• Amine Gouiri, Nice - 21 y/o - CF/LW: 34 games / 12 goals / 7 assists
  • Randal Kolo Muani, Nantes - 22 y/o - CF/RW: 37 games / 9 goals / 8 assists
  • Martin Terrier, Rennes - 24 y/o - RW/CF/LW: 34 games / 9 goals / 7 assists
  • Arnaud Kalimuendo, Lens - 19 y/o - CF/LW: 29 games / 7 goals / 5 assists

Italy

• Federico Chiesa, Juventus (On loan to Fiorentina) - 23 y/o - RW/LW: 33 games / 9 goals / 9 assists
  • Musa Barrow, Bologna - 22 y/o - CF/LW: 38 games / 8 goals / 10 assists
  • Domenico Berardi, Sassuolo - 26 y/o - RW/AM: 30 games / 17 goals / 8 assists

Germany

• Jadon Sancho, Borussia Dortmund - 21 y/o - RW/AM/LW: 26 games / 8 goals / 12 assists
  • Leon Bailey, Bayer Leverkusen - 23 y/o - RW/CF/LW: 30 games / 9 goals / 9 assists
  • Silas Wamangituka, Stuttgart - 21 y/o - RW/CF: 25 games / 11 goals / 5 assists
  • Marcus Thuram, Borussia Monchengladbach, 23 y/o, LW/CF/RW: 29 games / 8 goals / 7 assists
  • Roland Sallai, Freiburg, 24 y/o, RW/AM/LW: 28 games / 8 goals / 8 assists
  • Matheus Cunha, Hertha Berlin, 22 y/o, CF/RW: 27 games / 7 goals / 6 assists
  • Dominik Szoboszlai, RB Leipzig, LW/AM: 12 games / 4 goals / 8 assists

Other

• Patson Daka, Red Bull Salzburg, 22 y/o, CF/LW/RW: 28 games / 27 goals / 7 assists
  • Karim Adeyemi, Red Bull Salzburg, 19 y/o, CF/LW/RW: 29 games / 7 goals / 9 assists
  • Donyell Malen, PSV Eindhoven, 22 y/o, CF/LW: 32 games / 19 goals / 8 assists
  • Noa Lang, Ajax (on loan to Club Brugge), 21 y/o, LW/RW/CF: 24 games / 14 goals / 8 assists
6 Likes

If we are considering him strictly as a backup, he is a good option. But we can’t expect him to succeed any of our main forwards.

There are the most unreliable of rumours regarding him.

I’m a bit torn about Paston Daka. Looks good but the step up to Premier League is too big.

I’d add Pedro Neto to the England list. 21 yrs old, LW/RW/CF, 31 appearances, 5 goals, 6 assists.

3 Likes

There is the case of Haaland prior to him at Salzburg. And he turned out ok…

1 Like

Football Soccer GIF by Liverpool FC

2 Likes

I like Patson Daka as he scores lots of goals. Yes, I’m a simple sort, but that’s the main quality I want in a forward.

Now, because they are goals in Austria, should there be some sort of weighting, as each goal scored there isn’t as valuable as a Premier League goal? Yes, that point is well made. Even so, the lad can only do what he has been given to do, and in the environment he has, he’s a goal a game player, pretty much. That catches the eye.

If he goes on to have a stratospheric rise like Haaland, lovely. In time he replaces one of our front three.
If he doesn’t hit those heights, and this is more likely, then you would think that at the least he is a replacement for Origi, with more goals in him.

At this stage of his career he could come to Liverpool and not be a regular starter, and as he navigates the step up we will see what’s what.

4 Likes