Which CF do you want?

One damning factor about Daka is the fact that he has scored just two goals in eight European games and both of those came in qualifying stages. He has scored seven goals in 22 NT games and those goals came against opponents like Algeria, Cameroon, and Zimbabwe.

1 Like

1 in 4 in Europe and 1 in 3 at international level isn’t all that damning for a young player still learning his trade.

2 Likes

I think the NT figures are pretty impressive. Algeria and Cameroon are very good sides.

1 Like

He probably would have been my pick for our forward signing this summer. Shame about his injury.

Mikel Oyarzabal, Real Sociedad- 24 y/o - LW/RW/CAM 43 games/ 13 goals/ 10 assists

2 Likes

I know it was only a friendly but i remember him impressively scoring 2 goals in the first 15mins against us a couple of years ago,I’ve kept an eye on him since that game (not watched many live games) but read up and seen his goals,he’s progressing at a decent rate,he’s fast,powerfull,plays across the front 3 positions,tracks back and hunts the ball down,plus he knows how to finish and is pretty prolific aswell,even if it is in the Austrian league,i’d take a punt on him in place of Origi if the £17mill release clause is true.

1 Like

Giroud has extended his contract ?

1 Like

Yeah, maybe a little surprising, but perhaps he held talks and others might leave (Abraham). He knows by this season that his France place is still solid enough under Deschamps, as he will try and beat Henry’s record (7 more goals I think). Will be more difficult with Benzema now in, but not impossible.

2 Likes

I’m liking the recent Dušan Vlahović chatter. Mostly unreliable reports stating LFC have opened up talks with Fiorentina.

Still only 21 years old and built like a war tank. I don’t watch much Serie A, as I’ve stated many times previous, but from what I have seen of this young Serb I really like the way he plays.

1 Like

Hope he doesn’t move like one.

1 Like

Here’s a clip from the YouTube Central Scouting Agency :joy:

Stats maybe bolstered a bit by being the primary pen taker. The goal v Juve is a beauty and shows off his foot speed.

All this said, I actually don’t think we will go for a traditional #9 this summer.

1 Like

Any CFs that have at least 30 games played and 20 goals scored within the top 7 leagues in Europe. Wouldn’t be a bad start for finding players. Feel with need more goals elsewhere from the wings for next season. In hindsight we needed to kill more teams off last season and got stung often. Just need to find this cyclical finisher who isn’t bad at linking up.

If looking younger than say 29 that seems to limit it to 8 from the top leagues;

Mbappe
Haaland (only played 28 not 30 though?)
Andre Silva
Harry Kane
Lukaku (too old at 28?)
Pedro Goncalves (not a CF, AM/winger)
Dusan Vlahovic
Memphis Depay

From that list I’d choose Andre Silva but interesting we are linked to Dusan Vlahovic the only other “realistic” one that seems to fit the Traditional CF “ask”!

3 Likes

Yeah I’d say you could lower the max age to maybe 25 even as the club don’t seem mad about lads at their peak.

Knock off Kane, Lukaku and Depay then.

Out of the others Mbappe and Goncalves aren’t traditional number 9 types.

So Andre Silva, Dusan Vlahovic or Erling Haaland.

1 Like

Or we look in other leagues (see: the rumours about Daka)

1 Like

Was just looking at these requirements;

1 Like

What websites show the data to find all these players. Would like to throw in the 20 goals minimum in 30ish games maximum and see who shows up. Then we can give a Liverpool type age range 20-25 and draw the line at Salzburg division level

You don’t get to choose the leagues you want but you can filter it to “top leagues” and “top 10 leagues” I just chose top leagues and anyone who had 20 goals or more 25 or younger. If strict on 30 appearances or more and them being a traditional CF type its only Andre Silva and Dusan Vlahovic on top leagues or top 10 leagues.

2 Likes

Parson Daka
Pedro Goncalves
Dusan Vlahovic
Donyell Malen
Andre Silva

Only lads I see with good goal scoring per game.

The best is this lad Mirlind Daku 23 years old in the Kosovan top division, made his debut for the national team. Lazio looking at him. Great scorer even as a youth.