Which CF do you want?

Nope. Never buy anyone on a one off.

2 Likes

Ansu Fati (18), along with Elliott, would be great addition for the future. And look, he got a big injury too.

Get Schick! Would offer something different.
Doku could be a decent Mane successor but it seems he is after regular games.

1 Like

Yeah, he looked razor sharp. (Groan…)
He is a CF, isn’t he? If we were to get an out and out no.9 then I’d prefer we got Tammy Abraham. He’s got the tools and he’s ‘Prem-proven’. Must less risky than taking a chance on someone on the basis of a good showing in an international tournament.

Hlozek rumour resurfacing.

£18m . Had scouts watching during Sparta vs Rapid Vienna on Tuesday.

1 Like

He looks very good already and I definitely think the success of Soucek and Souffal at West Ham has influenced my thinking that he’d be a success in the Prem.
Really like the look of Amine Ghouri too, haven’t seen any links but his playstyle looks like it would suit us imo.

1 Like

Malen to Dortmund soon to be confirmed.

I’m erring towards an underwhelming signing up front.

We’ve got four crackers for three positions. Then we’ve got Elliot, who the club won’t want to block. There’s also Ox, who is being played in the nine in pre-season. And I also think Origi and Minamino are going nowhere - there is barely a sniff of any interest.

Basically we’re looking to replace Shaqiri, with a better/more reliable depth option.

Malen? He has Raiola as an agent. So no. Never. He is a leach. Run away. Avoid.

3 Likes

He really seems to have got his tentacles into the Dutch league.

Malen, Gravenberch, Wijndal, Dumfries, Stengs, Kluivert, Boadu and Ihattaren all on his books as well as de Ligt who he’s already moved for big money once.

Seems to be his new little incubator for future commissions.

Was it Neil Jones or some other well-connected journo who said yesterday that he thought that if Liverpool had to pick between CM and CF, they’d likely opt for the former? Maybe we’ll see AOC in the false nine role more often, who knows.

2 Likes
1 Like

With respect, you don’t need to be a well respected journo to see that. If Naby and Ox were reliable in terms of fitness, it would be different.

Still not convinced “Ox as a false 9” is any different than Lallana as a number 6. Think we saw it twice was just a way of taking some pressure away and distracting from other questions such as fitness concerns.

1 Like

West Ham rumoured to want Origi so we can use him in the Bowen deal. :smiley:

1 Like

Or just take the money and use it towards a better player.

7 Likes

Yeah it’s a way of adding depth, but I doubt he’ll have big minutes there. We know who will start most games, it’s most likely three of the four main attackers. But if Ox can get more practice in the role and show himself as a good option there when or if he’s needed, that’s good news. Especially if we struggle to get enough players off the books to buy someone.

1 Like

I’ll love someone to take Origi off our hands, but I’d struggle to justify it from the buyers perspective - not when there are probably cheaper, better and younger options available on the continent, especially in France, which seems to be a fire sale at the minute.

2 Likes

Not really.

Cheaper? We will sell for anything between £12m and £15m.
Better? You wont get a better player for that price.
Younger? He is 26, still got enough good years left.

Basically, any other player in that price range would be worse than him and any player in his level will cost more than him. Another point in his favor is the fact that he has good fitness.

7 Likes

And has top level trophy winning experience where he has directly contributed to the result.

Whenever he has played consistently he has been effective. If a manager could light a fire under his arse and make him the main man I think they’d get a player capable of a 12-15 goal season.

For 12-15 mil think it would be hard to do better at the minute

5 Likes